Thursday, May 24, 2012

Priceless Little Mommy Moments

The other night my little one was still chatting away in her crib at 10 PM. I had been out that night and Daddy had put her to bed. One thing I never do, is go in to my daughter's room at night before she falls asleep. I don't want to create any bad habits that might interfere with her sleep routine especially since it took SO long for her to even sleep through the night to begin with. This night felt different for some reason. I thought that maybe my little girl was restless because she needed a little Mommy tuck in. So, for the very first time in probably a year I walked into her room while she was still awake.

I'm so glad that I did because her response was priceless. The second she heard the door creak open and when a enough light from the hallway pierced the darkness of her room she knew it was me. She let out a long and super, duper sweet, "Hiiiiiii Moooommmmmeeeee, and she kept saying it over and over." She was SO happy and I melted into sloppy mommy mush.  I laid her back down, brushed her cheek with the side of my finger, swept her hair out of her eyes and asked her if she wanted to pray with me.  We thank Jesus every night for different things that she comes up with.  It's fun for both of us.  She always starts her prayer by saying, tank du desus fuh dis cwib (thank you Jesus for this crib) and she grabs the rail and shakes it a little....cutest thing ever right!  Ordinarily, she would list off the other cute little baby things she wants to thank Jesus for like her blankies, her poppy (pacifier), her buddies (she says all their names), juice in her belly, dinner, flowers and mommy and daddy.  Well, this special night every time I asked her what else she wanted to thank Jesus for she just kept saying, muy mooommeeeee and she would rub my cheeks with her two little hands and say, "I wuv muy moommeeeeeee."  It was one of those moments where the love that your little child has for you is overwhelmingly clear in a tangible way.  I treasure those moments!  I kissed her cheeks a dozen times and snuggled her back up in her blankets and then she went to sleep without another peep.  Priceless. 

A moment that made me forget all about the tantrums and strong 2 year old will that we have been dealing with lately.  A moment that glowed as brightly as the sun in my Mommy heart.  A moment that filled me with so much emotion that all I wanted to do is quietly pray and give thanks as I walked out of her room. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Jesus for blessing me with this little girl."  Daisy, I absolutely adore you my sweet little baby buddy!




Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Oh that is so so precious!! Dontcha just love moments like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priceless, I even felt a little choked up reading this. I love the last picture of her little bum in the air. I just LOVE that! SOmetimes Mommie's need this moment as well glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post; brought tears to my eyes! How sweet is she! By the way, I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this melted my heart, too. Moments like this are truly what it's all about. They define the very reason it's all worth it. Love you and your little family. So glad I've been able to share your in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this melted my heart, too. Moments like this are truly what it's all about. They define the very reason it's all worth it. Love you and your little family. So glad I've been able to share your in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so precious!! What a beautiful moment for your mommy heart!
    Praying for you tonight!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I can so relate to moments like these and how they oh so make up for the harder times. She's so cute! I can just imagine her shaking the crib when she says that....how funny! Sweet spirits children have and how lucky we are to be blessed as their parents! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my- this is so sweet. I so miss those snuggle times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute last picture of her all curled up. It reminds me of my youngest daughter and how she used to curl up in my arms every night and fall asleep. it's amazing how the time passes and now she's five. We still curl up to a good movie or kids show on any given night where she snuggles in and falls asleep. Sorry I haven't been in touch lately but things have been kind of crazy, as I had my first show with my pictures at the Cathedral Arts Festival this weekend. I was very impressed with how things went, and the response to my work. I even sold 9 pieces as a bonus!! How are things going with you. Loo

    ReplyDelete
  10. She thanks him for her crib, that's incredibly sweet! Love the pictures. I empathize with the terrible two's and how your heart melts when they become so sweet it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely precious. You two are just about the cutest thing ever. Isn't it amazing how God gives us those moments where we can just give thanks. And those moments always come at exactly the right time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is just so sweet!!! may have teared up a little :) when did you start praying with daisy? (i mean, when did she pray with you and how did you teach her the basics???)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.