Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Her Big Girl Bed

I took a kajillion pictures of Daisy the first night that we set up her big girl bed...which was ages ago now but, I've been wanting to share them because they are so cute.  She was so happy to have her own pillows, her own comforter and her own step stool to get in and out of bed as she pleased.  She was being so silly and chatting up a storm.  I'm happy to report that she transitioned into her big girl bed like a champ...which was such a relief considering how exhausting potty training has been going with her.  Though I do have to give her credit, because she is a champ about holding her potty all night long.   

She goes to bed around 8 and chats until close to 9:30 every night.  I have a monitor that allows me to chat with her so I will occasionally tell her to settle down but, otherwise I let her talk and play to her heart's content.  I figure it wears her out and helps her to sleep better.  She usually sleeps until about 7 and hasn't yet wanted to get out of bed on her own.  I know that won't last for much longer but, for now she likes me to go in to get her and snuggle with her in bed for a little while before she gets up.  It's so stinking cute.  Anyhoo, enjoy the pictures of Daisy enjoying her new bed and please forgive the white patches on the wall.  We were filling the holes from a shelf that we had to remove from her wall. Hope everyone had a great New Year's Celebration! 
and more silliness..hiding under her blankets, calling Daddy in to see her bed and pretending to sleep.
oh the faces that this kid can make...

12 comments:

  1. haha so cute! I love it. How old was she when you put her in the big girl bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually took my time:). She was 2.5 before we set up her bed and I didn't even have her sleep in it for a couple of weeks after we set it up because I was missing a box spring and a side rail. She liked adjusting to it from the comfort of her crib and seemed to warm up to it better that way. Then when we gave her a nap in it she was sold and we haven't had any issues since. We also had her crib in their for another month because I was using it as a buffer at the foot of the bed and I think she liked being able to see it. Anyways, I waited so long to start her that I think she was just ripe and ready. Sorry for that way too long answer! hehe. HAppy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Love her bed!! Bennett goes down around 8:30 and stays up chatting and babbling until around 9:30-10 as well. So funny how they do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know my little one isn't the only chatty one up late and up early:). Happy New YEar Friend!

      Delete
  3. What adorable pictures!!! Glad she transitioned quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too!! Thanks friend! Wish we could visit with you guys more often:) xo

      Delete
  4. those pictures are just precious! The faces our toddlers can make just always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL i love all her beautiful faces!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks sooo little in that bed but just as cute as ever! Fun to watch them grow into new spaces. Hope your 2013 started off right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love alll these pictures! She is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.