Monday, January 23, 2012

How To Build a Lightbox Challenge

I am excited to link up to Ashley Sisk's Tutorial Tuesday this week.   This week the challenge was to create a lightbox using Rosie's awesome tutorial.  I relied on her tutorial quite a bit both to build my lightbox but, also to edit my SOOC lightbox pictures.  Creating the lightbox wasn't hard but, finding lamps/light to shine in the 3 sides of the lightbox evenly was tricky as we really don't have many lamps or lights in our house other than ceiling can lights.  My hubby was gracious enough to hold a lamp over the top tracing paper panel for me so that I could get my shots.  Thanks babe:).
And without further ado here is my lightbox shot.   I sharpened it and then I used the white dropper to whiten the background as my SOOC shot had a bit of a yellowish tint.  I like this shot because this is my hubby's watch and keys in it.  It has a nice masculine feel to it.  I will confess that out of sheer frustration, I didn't bother with my broken tripod and I really should have as my shots would have been sharper. Lessen learned.

One of my hubby's other loves...fishing. 
And lastly, a little dash of femininity.  You can see on the edges of some of these shots that there is a black burn and that is something that I should have corrected in editing...I'm feeling a tad lazy tonight if you can't tell. lol.  This was a neat challenge and I really enjoyed capturing shots that had a commercial flare to them.  I hope to take more shots like this in the future and work out the quirks (more even lighting, tripod for sharper focus etc.) as I go.  You should head over to Ashley's blog and give this challenge a whirl!
Tutorial Tuesday

Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. great job! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your light box turned out great--I love the photo of your husband's fishing gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Great job - these are fantastic! I love the fishing gear, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Note: Not "wow" as in I'm surprised, b/c all your pics are great, but wow as in the shots WOW me! LOL - just had to clarify!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol:) Hanna you made me laugh! Thank you for the sweet comment friend! I always appreciate your kind words:) hehehe

      Delete
  5. I think you did awesome - I had the same problem with lighting and I only had myself to work with. Can't wait to see what Branson will choose for us to do next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Casey! I to, like the fishing shot the best. As far as lighting for me, i just had one light coming from the top. It was a pretty bright light but I didn't light anything from the sides like I have see some talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done my friend- I love how they turned out. You know- I never use my tripod unless I am shooting at night (stars, moon, lightning) oh yeah- and when I get in a mood to do selfies. I really should utilize it more for things like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job the fishing lures are my favorite and I love your Rainbow song. It always makes me jump when the music starts playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them. I had trouble finding lamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Like the fishing gear the best... must admit I've never heard of Pork Frog. I only used a light at top... just wanted to try it out after I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rocked these Casey - I've had problems with my lighting for the past few shoots I've had with the lightbox and I've been too preoccupied to make them magazine white - one light from the top hasn't been enough recently for me in the room I'm using.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots! Even though you had a few minor things they are still really nice. Your composition is fantastic. I might have to make myself a box like this. What were the instructions on making the box?

    ReplyDelete
  13. great shots, the white is white, lovely

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Look at those shots. Love them. You are learning so much and I appreciate your sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this I am going to have to do it myself someday. your shots are just gorgeous and very creative. good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pictures! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Casey! It has been a looooong time! Thank you for this post, I need a lightbox for pictures of my sweet creations, this will work perfect, both for my pics and my budget! Also, little Miss Daisy is getting so big! She is just stunningly beautiful and happy! Way to go Mommy, you've done a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos turned out amazing!! Wonderful collections of items, too. I think that is the hardest part! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.