Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Soul Food for the Weary Of Heart

"...Weeping may endure for the night but, joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

It's "The most wonderful time of year!" So much excitement and such a festive spirit in the air.  I know I absolutely love Christmas time and everything about this season.  I love the baked goodies, the smell of fresh pine, the twinkling lights on my neighbor's homes, the carols both old and new and the celebration of Jesus with my family.  I absolutely love it all!  Christmas time is such a welcome distraction from the day to day hardships but, for some people even Christmas time doesn't relieve the heartache, the pain or the suffering. 

A friend sent me this video a few weeks back and it has blessed me on more than one occasion since then, so I thought I'd share it with you all. For anyone in the midst of any kind of trial, season of struggle or suffering this is a great encouragement.  Our family trial continues on and has become a considerably long season...well over 2 years now. It's interesting how much long hard seasons shape us and open our eyes to things that we just weren't able to see before. I am so much more aware of the suffering and hurt around me and so aware of the fact that people are desperately in need of encouragement, hope, healing and truth. People are desperately in need of someone that they can be raw and real around.  People are weary and broken down.  For some, these hard seasons are quite short but, for others they carry on and on.

The little girl that we named our daughter after continues to battle cancer and fights for her life every day.  Her family fights to find joy and peace in the midst of such a painful trial.  Yes, life is hard for so many and I am convinced that it will inevitably be hard for us all at some point or another.  Pain is inescapable on this Earth but, what we learn from pain and how we let it shape us is depends on each of us.

It's understandable and completely natural that hardships might make us angry with God but, I have seen what unresolved anger can do to a person and it isn't pretty.   It might be just about he hardest thing in the world to submit our will and control to God in the midst of the hurricane but, I do believe that, that is where the greatest blessing lies. Sometimes faith is a moment by moment surrender.  Sometimes trusting in God is so hard but, as Beth Moore so awesomely puts it, "you will never know my Christ until he has brought you through something all by your little lonesome self and you chose to be obedient to Him and He was faithful to you. You will be marked forever!"  If you know what I am talking about you know how true that statement is...how powerful it is.  There is an enemy who longs to destroy our hope, our peace and our joy but, we must press on!  Another Beth Moore statement that I loved from this video, "God's got promises to fulfill...If you get gutsy enough to believe Him over your own emotions over your own destructive desires it's going to turn out well!" 

So for anyone battling chronic illnesses, job loss, relationship troubles, financial woes, family issues etc. be encouraged today...God is faithful and He will never leave you or forsake you!

Please, please take a minute to watch the Beth Moore video below and be encouraged today...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.