Monday, April 29, 2013

Easter...

...better late than never....annnnd moving on. 

This is definitely a favorite verse of mine for the Easter celebration well, and always actually:). 

John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him"
 
Soooo, Easter was super busy because not only did we go to church but, it was also Daisy's 3rd birthday (Happy actual birth day boo boo!) and we had lots of family in town.  It was a wonderful kind of busy.  Daisy looked adorable in her Easter dress Sunday morning and she was actually excited about going to church to celebrate Jesus in her pretty outfit. I'm bummed that I didn't get a nice picture of Daisy outside with my DSLR camera but, these days I'm not surprised.  There just aren't enough hours in the day to get all the pictures that I'd like to get! lol Plus it was really windy and cold that morning and I was wearing a dress that I had to hold down pretty much constantly (not fun)...taking a picture outside would have been a bad idea if you get my drift. haha

I think that this is the first holiday that little things are starting to really click for Daisy.  She was pointing out crosses around this time and saying, "tank you to Dejus for da cwoss. I wuv you."  The other day I was wearing a cross necklace and she pointed at it and said, "Mommy you are wehing Dejus cwoss cuz He wuvs you so much wight?"  Man, I tell yah I just about wept with joy.  So she is listening!  She does hear and take things in even when it doesn't seem like it!  Praise the Lord. haha.  

I am not a big fan of doing over the top Easter baskets but, I also don't want Daisy to not get one at all because I remember as a kid how much I loved the little goodies my mom put out for us each Easter morning.  My mom was always diligent about incorporating goodies that focused on Jesus into our baskets and honestly my favorite goodie each year was the new bible or devotional she would get me.  I literally couldn't wait to see which one she got me and I loved reading them!  I'd like to try to do something similar for Daisy and this year I got her the Berenstein Bears Bible storybook.  It's still a little mature for her to be honest but, we've been able to read a few of the stories together and she enjoys them.  I think the yellow wind up chick stole the show this year though.  She couldn't get enough of that thing hopping around.  It's the simple things in life..seriously. haha

  And can I just add that I love Daisy's cheerful outfit and I wish it came in my size:). Thanks Auntie Jess for her pink pants!  

And Daisy had just woken up from a nap so she was a little sleepy faced and groggy but, she was SO happy to wake up to her basket after her nap.  My mom also gave her a birthday present and that princess microphone has been a favorite of Daisy's since that day.  It gets LOUD....thanks mom, haha. but, it's a blast to sing into a mic that actually works!  So happy that my mom was here to celebrate with us this year.  It was such a treat to have her around.
the starbursts kept getting stuck in her teeth but, she seemed to enjoy picking them out. hehe
Shortly after this we went to the grand parent's house for an Easter egg hunt and dinner...she requested the Easter egg hunt three separate times and she really didn't care about opening the eggs at all.  Just wanted us to repeatedly hide them.  I thought that was pretty funny. We had such a great time visiting with all of our family...more pictures from that to follow if I ever get around to it!!
 "yeah! I got one!!"
 Unfortunately it had rained quite a bit and the yard was like a squishy swamp so we had to do most of our hunt indoors.  She didn't mind though:). 
Our Easter morning attire and Daisy being a silly little peanut as usual.  I do have to give her props though because between her birthday the day before and Easter she was being requested to take way too many pictures and she was a champ through it all...silly but, a champ nonetheless:).  Proud of you Daisy bean:).
And in closing I just want to say how wonderful it was to have my mom here during this rather busy season.  She helped me shop, watched Daisy while I shopped, decorate, food prep etc.  I couldn't have pulled the weekend off without her!  She was literally Daisy's personal slave for a week.  And I love going to church with my Momma.  We both enjoy talking after the service about our thoughts on God, life and stuff and that's always a blessing.  She's my best friend hands down.  Love you to pieces Marme!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've said it before, but your mom is beautiful! The gene was def passed down! I love when holidays start clicking for them too. Cooper has been so fun this year with holidays. I love Daisy's face as she pulls out each thing from her basket! Kids are so innocent and precious!! So glad your momma came! Wish she could move there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she had fun even if she did have to find the eggs inside :) Looks like she had a blast...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.