Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random Dominican Pictures

This was the entrance from the beach up to our resort. CUTE.
This little girl's name is Evelyn and she was at our resort. She liked my long hair:) CUTE.
This young man's name is Joey. He looks grumpy here but, I just caught him looking serious.
Joey chillin' in the resort lobby while we wait to be picked up for a tour
This is a frumpy picture of me on our last day at the Velero. Nice Resort.
This is us looking for bowls, cups and spoons and cereal so we could eat breakfast in bed
This is JOey walking down the main tourist road in Cabarete. It is a very, very busy road.
This is the only picture I was able to capture of the start of our 27 waterfalls hike..Beautiful!
So, I am down the the last of the DR pictures (today and tomorrow) and these ones don't really have any rhyme or reason so I am going to throw em' all together. Overall Joey and I give the Dominican a 7 out of 10. It wasn't amazing but, it was by no means awful, it was alright. The rapids and the waterfalls were beautiful and I could have done those two things and been happy! The mountains of the DR are absolutely gorgeous, the cities are extremely busy and crowded which we didn't care for. Some people like that, some people don't. We enjoyed getting the feel of a different cultures, traditions, food and language. My spanish got much better even in the 9 short days that we were there. Joey and I don't feel that it would be necessary to vacation in the DR again as we have seen much of what it has to offer and we like to go to new places each time we travel. The highlight of the trip for both Joey and myself was simply being able to spend some uninterrupted quality time together. We had no cell phone calls, no work e-mails, no errands to run, no little dogs demanding our attention and no house to clean. We just relaxed together, talked, ate good food, listened to the ocean crash against the shore just outside our window and soaked up the peace and quiet. It was good for our marriage and good for our souls, so for that, I am truly grateful to the Lord. That alone made it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I truly am glad that you and Joey were able to get away and recharge your marriage. But, I'm also glad you're back...I missed you while you were gone. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.