Thursday, April 29, 2010

We Love Her

4 weeks old yesterday! I just can't believe that our little girl is already one month old. She is so much more alert now and she chats up a storm when she is awake. We are continuing to learn what Daisy likes and doesn't like and what her different cries mean. Aside from being gassy or hungry, Daisy is a really happy, content baby. She loves her naps, eating, being burped a lot, being held, talking and looking at herself in her mirror and we think she is going to love baths eventually because she loves her wash cloth bath. We are planning on giving her a "real" baby tub bath any day now. We also think that Daisy is going to be a fast learner because she is very sharp with her responses and reflexes. She follows voices and makes eye contact so well now and she squirms so much, I'm sure she will be rolling in no time!

My mom has been here since Tuesday and I am loving her company and the extra arms during the day. She has been spoiling me with yummy meals, house cleaning, helping with Dakota and giving my arms a break from holding Daisy and covering an early morning shift which is heavenly! I think I'm going to have to hire a full time nanny (with my magic money) because I am loving this way too much!! I hope to have lots of pictures to post after this week:).

The weather in NC is absolutely gorgeous right now. It's not too hot and not too cold. Just perfect Spring weather. We went for a walk around Bass Lake Trail yesterday and it was gorgeous out. Daisy slept the entire time in the Bjorn carrier while we walked and Dakota even played in the water much to mine and my mom's surprise. Love living here!

2 comments:

  1. She's getting so big already! I'm really glad that you and your mom are having a great time. Instead of hiring a nanny, you just need to talk your parents into moving to NC. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you guys are enjoying life! :)
    i miss you and let me know if you need a babysitter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.