Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friday Yet? - Rolling the other way

My little sister left last night and I felt a bit sad all evening and I woke up sad when I realized I wouldn't be hearing her perky voice in the morning or see her cute face walking down the hallway to my office. She also made me coffee every morning and Top Ramen a few times and was such a huge help with our Dachshund, Dakota. Anna, I miss you, please come back soon! It is so hard to live far away from people that I love dearly. Why can't we all live right next door to each other?? Boo hoo:-(

In other news: Daisy rolled from her back to her tummy two days ago. I am behind in posting this...horrible mother, I know. At this point Daisy is not quite sure how she is rolling so she is not doing it consistently but, boy was it a surprise to turn around and see her propped up on her elbows on her tummy instead of on her back. hahah Oh the joys of being a mommy!

Work weeks are looonnnnggggg. This working mama thing is quite a challenge. Daisy wakes up a lot at night still, ususally wanting her pacifier but, it still wakes me up and keeps me from getting a good night's sleep. I start my day tired, barely chug through a super busy work day and then get off to a baby who needs my attention 24/7 until she goes to bed at around 9:30 PM at which point I am almost always completely wiped out and am collapsing into bed myself. I will add that even though it is all super exhausting I am very grateful for my job and my ability to work out of my home. Things would be even more tiring if I had a long work commute or had to leave my baby all day every day. I get to see her cute face and play with her on my breaks which is a HUGE blessing! I do however; need to find another nanny UNFORTUNATELY. My sister in-law, Jess, who has been the most amazing nanny on the planet is going back to college in less than two weeks. I have had no luck thus far in finding another nanny as most college kids are going back to school and everyone else does daycare in their homes with 6 kids and I'm not interested in that at all. So, if you could keep my nanny quest in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. It's so hard to part with the best nanny ever. Daisy loves her auntie Jess and there has been so much more peace in the house since she started watching Daisy. I tried convincing Jess to drop out of college and become our full time nanny for the rest of her life but, she didn't seem to think that was the best idea...I can't imagine why?? hehe

The Serenity Prayer is encouraging me today:
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.

3 comments:

  1. Casey, I understand your dilemma, I went thru it for years with my babes as I have a home based business as well. You are like me, feel so blessed and at the same time to find that person to come in and watch baby is a tough one. And, oh, I have 4 sisters and we all live in different states, it is 'boo hoo' I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Daisy and her big girl rolling over skills! I wish I could see them this weekend :-(

    Have you tried looking on Care.com? My nanny is posted on there and I have several other friends who have found nannies on their site. They check references and background checks. You only have to pay once you are ready to contact specific nannies, and I think it's a small fee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should video Daisy so we can all see her roll! :) Sorry to hear your Sis is gone. How long was she there? And I'll be praying for your nanny situation. Bummer that your sister-in-law is going back to college - I would of taken you up on the offer, haha! Didn't you mention to her that she can now "go" to college on the web?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.