Sunday, April 24, 2011

Walking - Video

Daisy is walking 10x more today than yesterday when this video was filmed so I'll be sure to upload a better video very soon.  Every time I turn around she is walking across the living room and she is trying really hard to figure out how to stand up on her own without pulling up on anything.  Currently she gets stuck in a hand stand position which is uber adorable to watch.  She is actually getting frustrated by crawling now that she is walking so much better.  I'd say we have a week at most and our kid will be all about walking and the crawling days will be over. Sigh.  Kinda bittersweet but, awesome of course!  There is something SO precious about watching a child learn to balance and walk.  Watching them sway with every step and see them try so hard to stay upright.  Turning the page into a whole new world of exploration and meanwhile closing yet another chapter on the baby phase that I adore so much. So proud of you Daisy bean!


And this video just cracks me up! Daisy loves to shut every single door in our house if given the opportunity. The problem is that she shuts herself in rooms and then wants out immediately thereafter. Silly girl! It sure is fun to take the extra moments to play with her though. Put the laundry down, stop washing the dishes, forget about the to do list and just hang out with my little one. I never regret these moments!




I just got finished watching a lot of Jeff Allen videos on you tube while I was waiting for these videos to upload. Not even sure how I found him as I have never heard of him before. I was looking searching for videos on depression online and depression in marriages because I was curious how much information and encouragement is out there for other people going through what we are. There doesn't appear to much for married folks on youtube so I'm going to change that! I am not sure when the right time will be but, I think Joey and I both feel equally called to minister in this area both in this season and when we are through it. Any way we can bring light and encouragement to others struggling then praise God! Anyways, Jeff Allen has a SUPER powerful testimony on youtube. If you are ever really bored you should watch them! Here is the link to part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefXjCaNEB0 
Boy do I love when people are not ashamed to share their story!  Hope you all had a blessed Easter!! I have LOTS of pictures to share this week")
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Awwww, she is walking!! I bet that is definitely awesome and bittersweet!! They seem to grow up so fast...and I don't even have a kid yet. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how adorable! I remember when my little one started walking. Watch out, before you know it she'll be off at full speed! I also remember the whole shutting herself in her room thing! So silly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great moments captured on video! So perfect Casey! Congrats on her walking...yes you guys are in trouble...but it is oh so much fun! Love the crazy hair, naked peek a boo baby...I miss her and You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for walking! You guys are so cute videotaping her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the door play. Liam discovered doors today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe!!! I love it! I have video of Bennett doing the same thing... walking for some crackers (actually I think they were BBQ chips, ha ha). And you're right, there is something SO special about watching your baby learn to balance... and figure out how to do the things that we take for granted every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love when they walk - that's sooo darned cute. Go Daisey Go! Hope you and Joey find some peace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. YAY Daisy!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a purpose for everything. I would love to see you and husband on the Inernet encouraging others in marriage! What a great ministry that would be.

    When I feel in a funk, I just go to Jesus, cling to Jesus, and find hope in Him. I am dependent on every second of my day in His hope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Casey, I told you before, the Lord will use our struggle to glorify His name in your time of need, it is and will be your ministry. As my dad says...you need a testimony in order to speak of anything in wisdom...it looks like He is doing this for you. I, myself, can't wait to see where He is going to take you two with this.

    Love, Marlece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a big milestone! Yay, Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks SOO much for leaving comments on my blog. you are SOOO sweet!!! and I LOVE that you bribed your daughter to take some steps....classic move!!! :) I think I used animal crackers to get my littles to walk. Great capture!!! HUGE fan of your blog. :) Your great friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, for Daisy and for Bennett!!! They're up and we're in trouble...hahaha.

    I look forward to your videos and know that your testimony will minister to many, many people in need.

    BTW, Daisy's headband's are so cute. It makes me want to put one on Bennett, but i know THAT IS NOT OK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww Casey she is so super cute...in the first video she is like " what do you want??Go and get me some more crackers!!" And the second one is really sweet....love her face when she is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you are bribing her with chips. We do the same thing with Lila, although she just drops to all fours and crawls for them. She is so cute just throwing herself forward!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.