Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Momma's Love

Sometimes it is hard for me to articulate just how much I love my daughter.  I know it's evidenced by the millions of pictures that I post and all the sweet things I share about her but, all of you Momma's know that it is so much more than that.  Our love for our children is imprinted deep on our hearts.  We miss them when we are away from them for too long.  We hurt when they hurt.  We rejoice when they rejoice and we want to seem them succeed and thrive.  We want the absolute best for them and as long as we are alive they will always be our babies.
No one makes me laugh quite like my little girl.  I pretty much died laughing the first time she vigorously rubbed her face on my pants and then looked up at me and said, "I got it, da booger."  Where the heck did she learn that, let alone how to formulate that sentence?  SO funny!  Or when she imitates the faces I make so perfectly.  When she gives me a kiss on her own accord simply because she was missing me and wants to feel close.  When I sneeze four times and she makes sure to say, "bwess you mommy," every single time.  When we have a "conversation" I make sure to ask questions that only need a one word answer just so I can hear Daisy say yes.  She sounds just like Sid the Sloth from the cartoon Ice Age (one of my favorites) and it makes me laugh every time.  Me: Daisy, did you have fun playing with Levi?" Daisy: "Yessshh."  Me: " Did you give him a big hug?" Daisy: "Yesssh."  Me: "Did you have a good nap?"  Daisy: "Yesssh."  And then, just to change it up; Me: "Daisy, can you come here so I can change your diaper please." Daisy: "No!" LOL.

 She's a sensitive little girl and I marvel that a person so small could be taking in as much as she is already.  So perceptive.  So sharp.  So silly.  So perfect (not literally but, you know what I mean:).  I understand now what I didn't always understand when I was younger.  Children are indeed an incredible blessing from the Lord.  It's as if a part of our heart is set free the moment we become a parent and a powerful, protective love floods out that grows stronger with each passing day.  It's a love so deep and so wide that it really cannot be described.  It has to be felt and experienced.   Thank you Daisy for being you.  I love everything about you...even the feisty, challenging things:).  You are wonderful, beautiful and you make my heart soar!  I love you. I love you. I love you.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Awe, this was so sweet. And I totally know what you mean by not being able to quite explain the love you have for your child. It's something that can only be experienced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Your love for your baby girl is so obvious, and so perfectly expressed. You are a gifted writer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her outfit is so sweet! I feel the same about articulating how I feel about my daughter, it's just a deep love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post Casey! I often have a difficult time expressing in words my love for Sammy; my go-to phrase is that I love him so much that he makes my heart hurt and that usually gets the point across. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. This was so sweet with adorable photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.