Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Best Snow Day

It started snowing yesterday evening and it continued to snow through most of the night. We woke up to about 3 inches or so of white powder all over the neighborhood and it was so beautiful!   Snow is a rather rare thing here so when we get enough to play in...which could even be half an inch, even the grown ups get very excited and school and work gets cancelled everywhere. haha.  It's awesome.  

I couldn't wait to wake up and peak through the blinds to see how much snow we had.  I squealed (quietly) when I realized that it was more than enough to play in with our kiddo all day.  She has never really had the opportunity to play in snow yet as it often melts too fast or is too cold and windy outside.  The weather today was perfect for a snow day and school was cancelled.  The sun was out and the air was calm.  

We got moving pretty fast and threw on as many layers as we could.  We are from southern California so layering is essential or we die.  I'm not joking...okay, just a little but, honestly, they don't prepare us for cold weather where I come from and by cold I mean anything below 60 degrees.  Thankfully I still have my snow boarding gear from 15 years ago and it still works like a charm.  One of our awesome neighbors scored Daisy these darling pink snow overalls and they looked SO cute on her...would't you agree:).  We all stayed nice and warm today.

We got outside around 10 AM and the fun kicked in to high gear.  Several of our neighbors came over and brought their snow sleds and we used our steep lawn as our runway.  It was a BLAST.  Even the adults got in on the fun and took turns sliding down the packed ice.  I can't even remember the last time we all had such a good time.  Daisy never tired of it and never slowed down for even a second.  She walked up and down the hill hundreds of times and slid down by herself and with her friends.  Such a big girl and such a dare devil! 

We played for a couple of hours, ate lunch and then headed out again to a much steeper hill on the edge of our neighborhood.  We spent another couple of hours sledding there and then drove home in the back of Joey's truck atop a pile of fresh snow.  

It was a great day to say the least.  
I hope you all enjoyed your day too! 
a couple of bloopers to wrap things up...do you see that white pipe on the left?  Yah, running in to that thing hurt...
I think I fell out shortly after but, even still it was SO SO SO much fun.  I may not think so when I wake up tomorrow with all my bruises and stiff joints but, for now I'd say this was our best snow day ever.  Thanks to all of our neighbors who spent the day with us and made it that much more special!  We are so thankful for all of our awesome neighbors. 

2 comments:

  1. Ouch with the pipe, glad you're all right!!! =) Looks like you all had a super fun snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! Looks like you guys had a great time. I would have to say that it looks like even the adults turned into kids for the day! I love snow days even though we get them 5-6 months out of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.