Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009










Welcome to the Martinez home this Christmas:). Sorry that these pictures are a little blurry and or dark but, at least you get the idea:). I love holidays! I don't think I really have a favorite per se but, there are different things that I like about each one. I love that Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I cannot imagine a world in which Jesus had never been born and never died for our sins! So, Christmas decor for me is a fun way to incorporate my faith into my decorations as often as possible. I love nativity sets and ornaments with verses or symbols of faith. I like having those constant reminders around and I look forward to teaching my children all about baby Jesus each Christmas! It reminds me of the bible verse, "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads." Deuteronomy 11:18 Or in modern English, "keep the word of the Lord close to your heart because it is everything that matters in life!"

We had a very small progressive type dinner get together last night with two other couples. Appetizers at our house and desserts at another couple's house and we had such a wonderful time! That is my second favorite part of Christmas; getting together with friends and family, eating good food and laughing together! It blesses my socks off:).

I am looking forward to traveling out to CA this upcoming weekend. I will be having my first baby shower with my family and friends out there and I will get to see lots of people that I haven't seen in a long time. It'll be a crazy trip as they always are but, also a wonderful time! Can't wait to see all you California folks again:). TTFN and Merry Christmas month! Jesus loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Is that Dakota in the second to last picture? If so, she looks SO cute and tiny!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails