Wednesday, December 23, 2009

In Loving Memory - Two Years Ago Today






It's hard to believe that two years have already gone by since Joey's Dad passed away unexpectedly in the early morning just two days before Christmas. Joey looks just like his Dad, has a lot of the same passion and zest for life that his Dad had, definitely got his love for fishing and animal life from his Dad, and even shares the same name as his Dad as a matter of fact! I am so thankful that I had the honor of getting to know Joey's Dad for 8 years! Joe was one of the funniest practical jokers you could ever meet! There was never a dull moment when he was around:). More importantly than that though was how clearly Joe loved and adored his wife and kids. He worked so hard for his family and loved to spoil them all whenever he got the chance. I got a kick out of how excited Joe got at Christmas time when his kids were opening their presents from him. He got out the video camera or regular camera and would be taking pictures like crazy to capture the memories and his kids facial expressions. Joe also loved his dogs and I remember on so many occasions that Joey and I would be hanging out watching a movie with Pebbles (their Jack Russell) on our laps and Joe would come steal her away to take a nap with her upstairs. lol. It always cracked me up!

Joey and I talk about his Dad all the time and reminisce about all the memories we have of him and we always end up laughing because Joe was just a funny guy:). We miss him dearly and wish he was still here with us today celebrating another Christmas with the family but, we are thankful for the time we did have with him and we will always cherish all of our memories. To all those who knew and loved Joe, my thoughts and prayers go out to you today as you remember him and miss him. I pray that you all feel a big hug today and you feel warmed by the beautiful memories you shared with him. May God comfort each of you today. Joe, we love you, miss you and look forward to seeing you again someday! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo All our Love!

p.s. I'm sorry I don't have a better variety of pictures with all the family members as that was what I hoped to post but, I couldn't find them unfortunately:(.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Joey's Dad, but he must have been such a wonderful man raising just in how Joey turned out. These pictures are timeless and moved me to tears. What a beautiful tribute Casey, praying for you and Joey, and all those who loved and knew Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you for posting this and giving us a chance to "know" Joey's dad through your memories and pictures. We are praying for you as you remember him today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.