Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Painting #1 or Painting #2

painting #1
painting #2
[I'd like to add that this is not the final arrangement for the mantle. I have other accessories and the art will be hung once we decide which one we will keep. I will post a picture when it's all done.]
I have been on a quest to find art for our mantle for well over a year now. I was visiting TJ Max once a week, Marshalls, Pier One, Target, Burlington Coat Factory etc. and was simply not able to find something in our price range that went with the feel of our home. Yesterday I went to Pier One and left with nothing and almost didn't go to TJ Max but, decided to give it a whirl. Well, to my surprise I found not one but, two oil paintings that I absolutely loved! Seriously, after waiting as long as I have I felt like I was being given the best present ever. I tried to pick one in the store but, couldn't decide between the two. I will say that both my hubby and myself have decided that we like one of these more than the other (we do love them both though) but, the one that we like more doesn't go with the feel of our home as well as the other. Go figure! Part of me wants to keep both and change them up as I get bored or if I feel more formal or more whimsical:). I love the bright, lively feel of #2! It really catches your eye from any angle in our living room. On the other hand I love the elegance and simplicity of #1 and feel that it blends in more. But, is blending in always better? lol. Obviously, this is a matter of preference and tastes but, what would intrigue you more on the wall or in your home? What would make you smile day after day? hehe. My feelings won't be hurt as ultimately we are going to choose what we want but, I'd love feedback because it's fun! Are you more formal or more casual in your style and taste? Three cheers for finding something wonderful after such a long quest!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

18 comments:

  1. Oh...I really like #2!!! Both are pretty, but #2 stands out more to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is tough! I love the colors in #2 and I think it's fun and cutesy. I like to sometimes try to pick something out that I typically wouldn't get, just for fun. BUT I really like #1 because I think it would look gorgeous with some refinished vintage style furniture and accessories around it (but I have no idea if you have stuff like that or are into that). I also think that #1 would be something that would stick around for longer. I like them both but I would go with #1 (if it were for my house) because it's more neutral. But hey, either one would look really pretty in your house with all the stuff you have, that I have seen! It's a win win! Can't wait to find out which one you chose and to see the finished set up! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the 2nd one. The first is very pretty, but the second one pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is funny. I think I'd go with the 1st once since it's not a distinct yet full of color but they are both pretty.. In from MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #2 for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the second photo! So bright and cheerful. I’m your newest follower from MBC. Hope you will check out my blog and follow me back!

    -DP
    Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies

    ReplyDelete
  7. #2 is very fun and bright, but I think like you said the first one flows better. I am a sucker for poppies and I have always had my eye on that picture, so #1 is my fav! Either one is a great eye catcher for your beautiful house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #2 brightens up the room more and would make me smile sitting in your living room. Yay for finding cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think #1 is more formal and #2 is more whimsical. I personally prefer #2, but I tend to not be formal at all. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the second one, and my friend Cody does too, I might add. =) I love you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Before I read your post, I was thinking, "I really like the second one, but I think the first one goes better with her decor." :-) So that being said, I really like the second one. Yay for redecorating your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like number one best! My decor style is much more country looking so I probably would go for a pretty scene over just a floral picture. But they are pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with everyone else 2 is very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I REALLY like number 1 !! It already looks great with the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. #2 for sure! I love it and it just seems so Casey to me :)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following you from the "Simply Follow" group on MBC. I am now following you and would appreciate your visiting my site and following back. Thank you so much! Looking forward to meeting you! http://www.savingscorner.org

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you on Mom Bloggers. Your site is beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as your family. Hope you will follow me at www.babysmartees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.