Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 1 - What Does Beauty Mean To Me

"The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them.
People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:7



Day 1 What Does Beauty Mean To Me


I wrote about 3 different essays in response to this question and each time I deleted them. I kept asking myself, "what is it...what is beauty at it's core and why can't I pin it down in a way that satisfies me."

Then the voice that calms storms and speaks softly and yet like a roaring lion all at once captured my heart and said,
"The closer you draw to me the more beautiful you are."

And that was it. All other thoughts evaporated and I was left with the simple truth that for me, the more I discover who I am in Christ the more beautiful I am inside and out! The other stuff doesn't last and it doesn't satisfy. My emotions are always changing and my ideas of beauty are very fickle but, the Lord and His word is the same and never changes. His word is beautiful.

Ah, it feels good to get to the bottom of that! haha

14 comments:

  1. I think you have written the answer to this question in the most perfect way - what other answer is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst this is my favorite post that I've seen for Day One!

    <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answer, Glad to have found your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :') Yes!! Love it! Isn't God awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic of you and your daughter with the Bible is amazing! I love this answer, I know that is the only true beauty..the Lord and His beauty shining through. I am stopping by from the P31 project and am looking forward to following your journey.:) I have yet to start mine..but I will:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love LOVE! What a gorgeous perspective of the 2 of you. I REALLY need more pics of me and my kids - I'm going to be so sad one day that I don't have any. BEAUTIFUL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I just awarded you the versatile blogger award. Head over to my blog http://allegromama.blogspot.com to see how to accept it. I've had a fun time following you and hope that you'll have a fun time passing it on to 15 of your newest favorite blogs. Hope you'll accept :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these are great. Gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you through the P31 link list. I love this. I can tell this answer came straight from Him. I've heard him say this to me before. Beautiful answer. He gave you the exact right answer!
    So glad that I got to read it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post and absolutely true!!! And I absolutely love that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a way to start P31!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.