Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Neighbors

Our neighbors Bruce and Judy brought these flowers over for us :-)
Joey getting in some pre-party video game R&R (you deserve it babe!)
The cupcakes that I ate one too many of
The soon to be food table
We had about 17 neighbors and 7 kids over last night. I have been wanting to get to know some of our neighbors better so we thought the best way to do that would be to feed them and get them all in one house. We didn't expect so many people to show up and although the house was full to the brim; it worked out just fine and it was a nice night. I made some easy chili and cornbread and cupcakes and Joey reminded me again why he is my favorite man in the world when he cleaned our house from top to bottom for me without a single complaint. Truly, he is an incredible husband to say the least! Joey is also getting amped up about the spring and our lawns turning from brown to green again. He has done tons of research on the right kinds of weed killers and fertilizers for our lawn types, so he put that information to good use by throwing some stuff down yesterday. I would just like to add that I feel so blessed to even have a lawn that we can work on and hang out in. I do not take that for granted and I give all thanks to God for the things he has given us for as long as he should choose to do so. I am also so thankful for our neighbors! They are all such wonderful people and we feel very lucky to be a part of this community of people!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog:)! You guys are such great friends/neighbors and examples to those around you! Sometimes that's all everyone needs, is just to be invited over to break the ice! I bet you started a bunch of new friendships! You house looks so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it all went well last night. I hope you saved me some of those cupcakes. :-)

    (sorry, I had to remove my last comment...there was a typo)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.