Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Real Life

Real life is not always a big cheesy smile and a bowl full of cherries. It can be at times, but not always. Real life is messy, up and down. Real life is full of hardships for so many, loss, pain, heartache, crisis' of faith, love and truth. Real life is not a cake walk or a fairy tale everyday. Some days, yes but, certainly not always. I love using my blog to be real. To show that I am human and that I have good days and bad and that we all do. How can anyone relate to me if I always post my happy days and never share the trials or stumbles along the way. The people that I admire most are those who can dig deeper even when it hurts and let you in on who they really are. The good the bad and sometimes the ugly. I am inspired by people who in spite of great tragedy can still shine and praise God. I'm inspired by people who can write about all facets of life and still even when their words ache and hurt they glorify the king of Kings. That is why I live and breath. Not to be peaches and cream everyday, but to be real everyday, regardless of what that may look like and hopefully in the process of being real, I can show how much Jesus means to me!


I enjoyed a wonderful bible study last night in bed. I hadn't slept in almost two days as my daughter got her first nasty cold and was up all day and night and didn't take any naps the next day either. Yesterday was brutal and by far felt like my most exhausting day to date, if that is even possible. I took the day off because I could barely function and coffee didn't help. As mamas we have to press on through so much and it never ceases to amaze me that we keep on chugging because we love our kids and our family because we want to serve and give our best even when we have nothing left. Give yourselves a hug from me wouldya. You all are amazing! My bible study was on Psalm 139. A beautiful Psalm by the way and I highly recommend you read it if you haven' t lately. Sometimes when I am stressed, overwhelmed, over tired, bitter, frustrated or just trying to get through life I can feel like people don't get me and that can almost compound the emotions. There are a select few in my life (I'm sure it's like that for everyone) who do get me and I'm so thankful for that. It's tiring though to try and be "happy' to make other people comfortable. Are yah getting me or have I lost you? lol. Doesn't it feel good to be got? This chapter of scripture is amazing because it is God saying, "Hey, listen up Casey (and all of you). I get you. I understand your thoughts before even you think them. I know exactly how you feel. I know how to get you through this. I know what you need right now. I'm here for you. You aren't crazy. You are perfectly designed by me and I love you so much more than you will ever know! Just rest in me. I understand." That's what I love about God...he knows each person in this universe personally because he hand crafted each of us. He doesn't force His way or His will on us but, if we want to know Him, He is there and he is the best friend you will ever have!!


Here is a blog that is as real as it gets. The Journey Please be praying for this mama of 14 adopted children. She is going through so much right now. She has devoted her entire life to serve the Lord by serving His children in another country. She often faces great hardships but, she shines for Christ in spite of it all. Her faith is beautiful as is her heart. Please visit her and encourage her today if you feel led!

1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

8 comments:

  1. This is great Casey - none of us are perfect and this is a wonderful reminder to be real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Casey! And exactly what I needed to hear! Thank you for being real and for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister. I really try to do that with my blog too, I feel its our job as Christians not to be downers, but to be real, because I feel all too often, we cover stuff up, and only show the "peaches and cream" and then I think that makes others feel worse when they are going through hard times! Everytime I think about that I think about these verses: 2 Corinthians 1: 3-5 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ." Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Casey, I just read Katie's new post...that girl is something isn't she? A real inspiration.....makes one think, "what am I doing for the kingdom when there is a Katie in the world, yah know?" Anyway, hang in there Sis, you are a great Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Casey. Beautiful post and great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blogs that keep it real!:)
    You're a great example to many, Casey Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing from your heart/God's heart! This is something I needed desperately to hear this week. We are having the same kind of fun over here in our neck of the woods. Our Babe is teething/has a cold and I'm running on little to no sleep still. I sure needed to read those verses again it's been a while. I am hoping and praying your little one gets better soon and you can get some much needed rest. So glad I found your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.