Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Time Is Fun

Summer is hot here in NC..like really hot and I am so thankful that we have a community pool because being cooped up in the house all day is not easy with a 14 month old.  Daisy loves the water and she loves to observe the other kids and toys in the pool.  She even knows when I grab her swimsuit that we are going to the pool and she gets excited!  Plus, getting to play with the bottle of sunscreen is a treat!

We are going to the park a lot, going on long walks (Daisy prefers walking herself and holding our finger for support to stroller rides now unfortunately), playing in our lovely backyard every morning, watching animal videos and imitating the sounds animals make, dancing, visiting the zoo (just wish it was closer!), taking lots of baths to clean up a messy baby and playing with friends.  The more activities we have to do the more smoothly the days tend to go.  Can all of you moms relate to that? 
 
I'm having such a wonderful time with my mom.  We are staying pretty close to home and enjoying it.  We did venture out to the zoo though and that was fun.  I'll share those pics soon!  It's just so nice to have my momma in my home, have extra hands with Daisy and extra hands cleaning my house...it's what she likes to do when she visits and I sure don't mind!  oh, and she makes me coffee every morning...I think I will keep her! hehe
For D's second pool outing we went with our friends and neighbors Christine and Vinnie up the street.  Vin is the sweetest little boy and he plays so well with Daisy.  I love seeing D on her tip toes here and both of them look a little worn out from a fun time at the pool.I think she just really wanted to steal his sippy cup!!
I didn't let her eat a lot of sunscreen I promise.  It kinda happened all to fast to stop. lol
Below: Our very first swim of 2011.  The water was a tad chilly initially (no heaters on pools out here) but, it felt better after a little swim and though Daisy stayed pretty serious and took it all in exactly like she did last year she seemed to really enjoy it! Doesn't she look so big these days! 

She has an awesome pink car floatie that we got her for her birthday.  She likes it okay but, would much rather be swimming by herself...seriously, she wants me to like...let go of her when we are in the pool and evidently she thinks she can just take off.  lol.  She also loves to walk off the side of the pool (I'm holding her) and making a splash. That gets her really laughing and burns my arms like the blazes! lol

People often suggest to me that activities such as going to the pool will wear Daisy out and she will take a great nap afterwards.  I kid you not...nothing helps this kid sleep better.  She has fought sleep and long naps since the day she was born and though she has gotten SO much better she still isn't an easy sleeper.  It's frustrating at times but, it's just who she is so I roll with it.  But, when she does sleep, oh how sweet it is to lean over the edge of her crib and watch her laying there so peacefully.  She loves to snuggle into her blankie and she moves around a ton...just like her Daddy.


We gave D a bowl of ketchup (knowing she would make a huge mess) to eat with her chicken nuggets and had a blast watching her play and eat the red stuff.  I think it was the longest she has ever sat in her high chair so thoroughly entertained.  I loved watching her.


We also had another pool date with one of my four pack friends Lindsay and her little girl Lila.  Lila and Daisy get along so well together.  Daisy pretty much always wants to steal Lila's snacks, sippy cups and toys and Lila is very nice about it so it works out really well. lol  You gotta love D's face here...her hand is totally trying to make a sly pass to steal her snack cup away!
And, I wasn't going to post this picture originally but, after staring at if for a few minutes I started cracking up.  Do you see that she has Lila's green paci in her mouth below???  We use Maams and Lila using Nuks but, that didn't seem to bother Daisy and I never knew she had stolen Lila's paci.  I wonder if Lindsay noticed when she sent me this picture? lol




Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. These are precious pictures and memories of fun with Daisy! It is fun to spend time with her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so much fun! I adore every pic and every little baby in it:D but can't help wishing that we had a community pool around here. Hope you'll continue having fun time anyway!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! It is so true. We try to do something every morning. We have two parks that have fountains, so we take advantage of them. The pool, the library, parks, the mall play area, YMCA open gym, and anything else I can think of. He does much better if we don't stay in the house.

    I love reading about D, as B is doing so many of the same things. We gave B ketchup a few weeks ago and it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy is so pretty! Sounds like you guys are enjoying summer so far :) Do you all go to the zoo in Asheboro? That's where we go when we feel like the drive, lol. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet and fun! Looks like your summer is off to a great start! That pool looks very nice right about now.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah so fun!!!!!! And yes, more activities the smoother the days! I'm so glad your mom is there with you. Extra hands, precious company, and coffee! WAHOO! ;)

    And that Daisy! She's just beautiful! How I wish little Jossie and her could be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you guys are really having fun. Love these pictures. I wish we had a pool. But I'll tell ya - I get exhausted after a day outside too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, daisy is getting SO big! such sweet pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, I love the picture of her on her tippy toes trying to convince that boy she needs what he has, cracked me up! I also love the binky shots of the two enjoying them. It's like two grownups with a glass of something that they are both enjoying immensely. Yah, and getting out and about makes the day go by and that swimming knocks a baby out. That's always nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a blast. the pic of the 2 girls in the pool with their paci's is sooooo adorable. i am super jealous... i would LOVE to see some sunshine right now... its raining. in JUNE. hello mother nature, please hear me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I almost bought Kaylin that exact same bathing suit...but I ended up changing my mind at the very last minuet. Looks like your little girly loves the water...such cute photos of her and her little friends. :) I wish we could visit the pool here in our community but unfortunately anyone in diapers is not aloud in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like y'all are having a blast! We haven't been in the big pool yet this summer - though Emma did have splash day at school and we've played in our big blow up pool in the back yard. My great-nephew's b'day party is at my sister's house (his Nana) this year since she has a pool so we'll be swimming there in a couple weeks - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all are the absolute cutest things ever!! You are such a great mom and you make me SO excited about having my own kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww. How fun. Cute photos. Love the last one. Ha ha! Hilarious about the passy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pool look so fun! I bet it does tire her out. How great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the pix are so adorable!!! esp the one with the pacifier! she's so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so great, looks like an awesome start to the summer! The photo of the two sweet girls with their pacis in the pool is so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.