Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Gram!!



First off, I want to wish my dear, sweet Grandma a very happy 73rd Birthday! I have so many amazing memories of pool parties, movie nights, Christmas jammies and lots of pizza dinners with my Grandma and the rest of my family. She has been such a blessing in my life and I miss the days of laying out under her enormous palm trees during the hot summers in California. Wish I could be there with you Gram to celebrate! Big hug and a kiss! xoxo

Secondly, (is that even a word?) I want to wish all of you a Happy Easter!!! I hope you all enjoy the time spent with your families and friends. Our Pastor's daughter, Lindsay invited us to spend the day with her family after church. Joey and I feel so blessed to have friends like that here! Each year that Easter rolls around I find myself struggling to push past the commercial side of Easter that I enjoy so much, painting eggs, hiding eggs, eating lots of pastel colored candies, decorating with bunnies and ducks etc. I am not knocking those things as I think it is all harmless fun, but the sad thing is when those things replace the time that we should be spending with our King, Jesus. This weekend is meant to honor Jesus and to remind us never to forget his sacrifice for us; dying on the cross (Good Friday) and rising from the dead (Easter). Because Christ did that for us we know that if we believe in Jesus, that we will all be together again after this life in Heaven for all of eternity!! All that Jesus asks is that we call on his name and we will be saved! So simple and yet such a life changing relationship! I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I didn't know Jesus. He has rocked my world in such an awesome way. I could never look back! Worthy is the Lamb who was slain. Holy, holy is he! Sing a new song, to him who sits on Heaven's mercy seat! With all creation I sing, Praise to the King of Kings!! You are my everything and I will adore you! (Revelation song lyrics)

2 comments:

  1. Amen and thank you Jesus for giving us eternal life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your gramms! She is such a pretty grandma! Looks run in the family!:) Thanks for your sweet thoughts in this post, Casey. I love ya!
    I grew up looking forward to my easter basket and all the traditional things about Easter (like egg decorating, easter egg hunts, ect). I finally appreciate what it is all about. I debated this year whether or not to do Easter baskets for my kids, but just went ahead with it. I'm just going to tone it down and try to have more conversations about the true meaning of it all. It really is more special when we focus on the true meaning. I love this season! Hope you guys have a great time at your friend's house and so glad you get to go over there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.