Wednesday, April 29, 2009

This little Kota...


Freaked me out this morning to say the least. I was sitting in my office while Dakota sat at my feet chewing on her raw hide bone when all of a sudden I hear her whining in an odd way and I look down and she is stumbling all over the floor. I didn't want to jump to conclusions that she was choking because I have done this before and it turned out she was just getting really excited about swallowing a piece of her bone. I looked at her and she looked at me and stopped moving and we had a stare down match for a second as I tried to figure out what was going on. The bone was half hanging out of the side of her jaw and evidently had gotten locked in her jaw and was choking her in the process. I pulled the bone and it was stuck fast in that jaw of hers. I pulled harder and the poor thing yelped bloody murder but, the bone was out and she was once again able to breath! Ahhhhhhh....will there ever be a day with this dog that I can just chill and know that she won't run into a wall at full speed and knock herself out, poop in our master bathroom and then proceed to walk the poop all through our house, bark incessantly while I am on the phone with a customer, or just go and get a bone stuck in her throat for crying out loud! It's a dang good thing I work from home to look out for this little rascal let me tell you! What would she do without me??

4 comments:

  1. Oh dogs. I am so sorry that happened. But so happy you were there! Momma Casey to the rescue! Cali ran into our sliding glass mirror REPEATEDLY when we first got here. We should have returned her then ;). Brutus choked on a rawhide once and I had to reach my hand practically down his throat and take it out. Oh the joys of being a Doggie Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is a good thing that you work from home. Poor Dakota and poor you. I like the picture of Dakota...and I like her new collar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! the joys of being a dog mama! and you are so brave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh- the joys of having a dog!! At least you were home; I remember my parents dog getting a bone lodged in his jaw like that - scary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.