Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Fling









Our Church decided to have a spring festival this year instead of the traditional Fall/Halloween alternative festival. So many churches already have an event on Halloween night so our church thought it would be great to have an Easter/Spring Festival with a carnival feel to it. Joey and I volunteered to help set up. We got to the church bright and early a couple of Saturdays back and pretty much lent a hand wherever one was needed. We decorated the welcome table, set up a canopy tent, collected and counted the food that was donated for the booths, passed out bracelets to volunteers and then when there really wasn't much left to do I got out my camera and walked around trying to find a creative picture or two to snap up. I will admit that I am not all that impressed with the pictures I got and it disappoints me that I have to take 100 pictures to get 5 good ones, but my hope is that I will get better as time goes on...hopefully! Here are a few that I brightened up a bit for fun. The day was a huge success. More than 3,000 people showed up to enjoy the Spring Fling Festival and even the rain didn't dampen the day! God really blessed it!

5 comments:

  1. If you get 1 good photo out a single roll then your doing good. Not that anyone uses print anymore, but that is the truth. I have loved photography since I was 14. My favorite is night shots with a long shuter speed, it's amazing what you will get. You should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. the rule of thirds can make a good photo into a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun and now I really want cotton candy!! The last picture is my favorite shot of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cotton candy looks AMAZING! your church sounds great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.