Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Nursery Mode





Our white Graco crib was delivered to my porch today. It was a very prompt shipment I might add but, the box is a bit messed up so I'm hoping it is all in tact inside. I love decorating and always dream about the fun things I could do with my house if I had more money but, let's face it....what is money?? haha. So, that being said, my goal is to create a very simple, yet girly room that requires very little money to decorate and minimal effort on my part to prepare as I just don't have any of either of those things at this point in my life. I am going to be painting the walls a bright green, hence a few of the pictures above for inspiration but, our little girls room won't be looking like a designer showcase as most of these pics do rather more like the second picture. Basic yet, cheerful:).

In other news: I am 6 days shy of the 6 month mark but, my stomach would like to disagree because it looks like a 7 month belly. I basically popped all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago. Now my stomach itches on a regular basis from the rapid stretching (yes, I am using lotion as best as I can) and our little girl is kicking much, much harder:). I sleep horribly at night. Scratch that. I don't really sleep much at all these days because my back is really achy and I still pee 5 times a night so I feel like a walking zombie most days. It's all good though. I'll take exhaustion and back aches over depression and nausea any day! I have started getting a pretty regular headache everyday now too and I have found that drinking a small amount of caffeine really helps take the edge off. The doc. says that is aok so no worries. I will post a belly picture soon I promise. I never knew it could be so difficult to consistently take a picture every week on the same day in the same spot. That requires me to get dressed and look halfway presentable and I just don't do that every Tuesday folks:). haha. Anyhoo. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! God Bless each of you this Christmas month!! xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I am the same way about taking pictures! I like your colors for baby's room! I'm sure it will turn out very cute! The bedding and wall color is what makes the room anyway. Have fun!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very cute! i am excited to see what you do with your nursery!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, we're painting stripes just like the top picture on the blog. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery as it comes together with your new crib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these ideas - can't wait to see the final thing and with a baby in the crib :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.