Monday, December 7, 2009

6 months and counting


For all you patient folks who so eagerly awaited the next belly shot....here are the 6 month pictures that really do prove that my belly has indeed "popped" in the past 2 weeks! It's crazy because everyone at my church was just telling me how tiny I was a couple of weeks ago and no one was even noticing that I was pregnant. Then out of no where I had a lot of cramping for a few days and could even feel my skin stretching and then BAM, I had a big belly!! Although I am not eating much more than usual I will admit that I crave sweets pretty much all the time which is not normal for me. I guess our little girl will have a sweet tooth:). I'm trying to stay active and not let this belly slow me down but, I have found that simple things like bending over to tie my shoes...or even put them on for that matter has become a challenge. My eye sight has gotten really bad and I actually had to buy my first pair of prescription glasses this past week because I can no longer see writing or signs if it is 10 feet away from me. Sad. I sure hope my eyes bounce back when the hormones mellow out after pregnancy.

I have to add (since I don't think I do often enough) that I AM SO EXCITED about our baby girl! Each and every day I feel her strong kicks and feel her press her little body against my stomach and I talk to her as often as I think to. I have gotten some clothes and an adorable Halloween costume for her from friends and family and each girly little thing gets me more and more excited about meeting this little peanut! Joey has made a complete 180 and is ecstatic about our little girl! The other day I was shopping with him in TJ Max for bathroom appliances and I couldn't find him anywhere. Turns out he was browsing through the baby clothes and he found an outfit that he just had to buy His little princess:). It melted my heart to pieces that he picked his daughter out something special. Ahhhh, the simple things in life:). I can't recall if I mentioned this already or not but, Joey has decided that he wants to keep our little girl's name a secret until her birth announcement. I personally am not a fan of long kept secrets but, he likes the anticipation so I am honoring his wishes. I love the name we have chosen for our little girl. It is already so perfect for her and makes me smile every time we say it. It is a little different but, not so uncommon that you haven't heard it before. Can't wait to share it with you all! Only a little over 3.5 months to go!!

5 comments:

  1. Look at your baby belly!!! How exciting!! And I hate to say it, but sooner or later the belly will slow you down. I highly reccomend wearing slip on shoes, or lacing up your shoes losly so that you can just slide your feet in. Or, start having Joey put your shoes on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love the pictures! I can't wait to hear her name! Like I always say, I'm so happy for you guys! You will be the best parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! have a safe and fun visit with family this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly how I hope I look someday...all belly and nothin else! You look great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing as usual casey! That little girl fits you well! I can't wait to hear the name or meet her! So glad you guys are having fun this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.