Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Baby Buddies

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Being a solid two months behind in blogging pictures and Daisy updates my dilemma is...where to begin?  So I guess I will take a note from one of my favorite goofy movies, What About Bob and take lots of "baby steps" until I am able catch up:-).  I think I will devote this post to sheer cuteness!   And what is cuter than two little toddlers that give each other lots of baby hugs, kisses and high fives?  Other than maybe puppies and kittens I can't think of anything:).
Lila is Daisy's friend from the famous four pack that she was born into.  You can easily find other posts about the four pack on this blog if you are curious by typing four pack into the search engine box on the sidebar.  LOL.  They go to church together and are often in the same Sunday school class when we parents go to the same service and we have had many, many play dates over the past 21 or so months of their little lives.  These two seem to get along so well together and it really blesses my momma heart to see Daisy interacting with another little person and enjoying her company.  Lila is such a little sweetie pie and I thoroughly enjoy watching these kiddos grow up together.
Lila gave Daisy this ADORABLE owl lunch pail/purse for Christmas.  I think I am going to steal it from her! Too cute huh. 

Then we asked the girls to sit in front of the Christmas tree for a few pictures and they obliged us quite patiently as a matter a fact.  They played with their hair, did a few hamstring stretches and talked about the weather...
When we asked them to give each other a hug....a brief stare down ensued
But, it was only a matter of seconds before they warmed up to the idea
And then they were best friends.  Too cute doncha think?
But....the best part was that when I went into Daisy's room to get her in her jammies we came out only to find that Lila had the exact same jammies on.  We all thought that was just too fun of a coincidence and I of course, made sure to capture the little twinsies.  It's almost like looking in a mirror in this picture below. lol.
So much love...and attempted poppy swipes
They totally rock high fives
And there is no denying, they are just cute as little buttons!

And of course we had to take a group shot to celebrate the close of 2011 and all of our great memories as friends!  And...though you totally weren't looking before I will now draw your attention to my fake smile...it is driving me crazy.  Note to self: next time, tame your cheese ball smile before the self-timer fires.  Okay, check.
and to wrap up this sweet little post here is a picture of the two girls at church on Christmas Eve night.  We almost didn't get to see Lila and we were already out in the parking lot ready to go home but, Daisy kept asking about Lila (in her language of course).  I was determined to find her buddy for her so we marched back into church against the pouring flow of people coming out and managed somehow to find her.  I think it was meant to be:).  Hope that you all had the most wonderful Christmas with your loved ones!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. They are way too cute together - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way just way TOO precious of a post. What darlings they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post really is an overload of cute!!!

    I'm waaaaay behind on posting. Life just seems to be on full throttle these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that might be the cutest post I've ever read! I love the toddler hugs going on here. So sweet and loving! Oh and don't get me started on the matching jammies, I almost died it was too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww. They are sooo cute together. Sweet photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing. They look like two peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously?!? Sooo cute! It's so fun to watch little ones make friends:)
    P.S You were tagged on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.