Monday, November 29, 2010

Slow Down

I loved this picture of Daisy. She is getting so mobile and active and you can tell in this picture that she is ready to take off. I had to show off her chunky legs a little more before it's too cold to dress her in a onesie (it is now) and then before I know it the baby chunk will be gone! OH no!

IMG_0161blog
kisses for Daddy

Daisy LOVES playing with her Daddy. She smiles for him bigger than for anyone else. Sometimes it seems like she can't handle how much she loves her Daddy because she burries her face in a blanket when he looks at her and giggles. It's adorable!
this little girl loves to spit bubbles everywhere when she is having a good time. Messy but funny:0



Tis the season to be jolly right?? Or is it the season to be rushed and stressed?? I've seen the crazy videos of shoppers on Black Friday. People mobbed each other to get in the doors of Targets, ran over each other to get something first and threatened to kill each other. Cut in lines, stole parking spots and even looted gifts out of other people's cars. Oh my...human nature at it's finest huh. Each year during this time I tell myself that even if I have to park far away it's better than having parking lot rage towards a stranger. To give is better than to receive as the bible says:). Give up a spot and if someone cuts you off, take a deep breath, count to ten and move on. If someone shoves or cuts in line or treats you badly turn the other cheek by not stooping to their level. Wish them a Merry Christmas with a smile on your face and to yourself, you can just say, "I'm so thankful that I'm not shopping in that frenzied state." I've seen the glazed over look in shoppers eyes as they walk by me like zombies trying to find that perfect gift. They are so fixated on the goal that they don't know how to enjoy the ride in between. I was in line this past Friday to get a picture of Daisy with Santa. The gal behind me must have been a bit over excited or impatient because she rammed her stroller into my heel not once but, twice even after I said ouch and moved for her. lol. I wanted to say, "excuse me could you please slow down and give me a tiny bit of breathing room. I promise you will get your turn in just a minute," but instead I shook my head to myself and moved forward and then turned around and chatted with her and her little boy. It was much more rewarding and she seemed to calm down quite a bit too. I savor this time of year and make extra effort to make eye contact with the clerks at the stores, ask them how they are doing and wish them a very warm Merry Christmas. It can be hard, but it's worth it to slow down, pace yourself, smile and be patient. Tis the season to be jolly...if we choose to spread the joy! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures and amazing post!! You're so right with everything you said here!!!! More of us should think this way and the world would move a little happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - I think kids at this age are pretty content with cardboard boxes, plastic water bottles and plastic spoons. Don't spend the money, just let her chew on whatever is hanging around the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our little one too rather pull out all my DVD's and CD's from their hiding places or tear out all my pots and pans then play with her toys. I agree I think we all need to learn how to slow down and try and enjoy every moment... they do slip by too fast and before we know it...the moment is gone and all we have are memories of being over stressed and anxious with a few new toys on the side.
    Such great photos you took of your little one she is a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! So cute. Love that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that first picture is just awesome! I love the look on her face and you're right, the chunky legs will be missed :) Daisy's so cute she just wants to play with the orange bowl...it's true our kids enjoyed the boxes the toys came in or the simple bowls and cups vs. the electronic lights and sounds.

    You are an inspiration in how you handled the lady in line behind you to take a pic with Santa. Also, how you purposed to spread the joy during holiday shopping. What a sweet and refreshing example to others of God's love during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love the chunky legs!! I just squeeze my baby girls and she thinks its funny. I'll be sad when they go away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just today I decided not to place one of my kids in another activity that I've been thinking about for her. I thought we need to slow down and just have fun together instead of always rushing here and there! Especially this time of year when everything feels so busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you baby girl is just a pumpkin pie with ice-cream on top! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.