Thursday, September 30, 2010

6 Months Old

Happy Half Birthday to my sweet Daisy girl!!!








I didn't do a lick of editing to Daisy's eyes in this picture below and that's what makes me love it so much. They are actually reflecting me, the sky and our neighborhood behind me. Plus the color is amazing! They still haven't fully settled but, at this point her eyes are a brownish, hazel color. So beautiful! Love her little doll face.






{In case you are wondering I edited these pictures intentionally to be lighter, softer and brighter. No, they are not overexposed, I just happen to really like the artsy fartsy look of pictures edited light and soft at this point in my life.} lol

October 1, 2010 my little Daisy girl is 6 months old.
Seriously the last 6 months were by no means easy but they flew by nonetheless.
How is it that I have a child who is ever so rapidly working her way towards her first birthday??? I still can't believe it some days!
Daisy facts:
loves squash and sweet potatoes most but, will eat anything quite eagerly
has also nibbled on Ritz crackers and some cheerios
Can sit up very well on her own now though she still teeters after a while
Still hates rolling. She has rolled both ways several times and then never again.
Still does not like tummy time for more than a few minutes.
Loves to be held in a standing position so she can bounce and jump.
Really likes going on walks around the block a lot.
Especially enjoys bath time...unless she's tired and then it's no fun
Naps every 2-3 hours for about 30-40 minutes on average
The past couple of weeks she has been napping less but, napping longer
She is so inconsistent when it comes to sleep.
She has an extremely short attention span now.
Wasn't always like that but, has become very easily bored and needs a lot of attention.
Wants to be held a lot more.
Loves to brush her hands through my hair and across my face
Is fascinated by tongues and wants to yank on them
Is so gassy. Seriously, she farts a lot! (sorry Daisy)
Eats solids twice a day. Once in the morning and once right before bed.
Tends to go to sleep between 8-9 PM every night.
Does not want to be rocked to sleep much anymore...occasionally.
Has two bottom teeth that are over half way in now.
Always has boogers in her nose. I think she might have allergies. Poor boo boo.
Her favorite TV show hands down is the Backyardigans..I'm going crazy.
Her favorite toy lately has been a plastic Coke bottle because she knows it's ours.
Loves her Daddy so much. I think more than me because if he's in the room she tunes me out.
Is trying SO hard to crawl but she gets very frustrated.
Can crawl on her back by doing the frog and gets around pretty good.
Still does not sleep through the night.
I still nurse her at around 4 AM every morning and then she sleeps until 7ish
She sleeps in her swing after the 4 AM feeding...it's the only thing that works.
She has only bit me once while nursing so far. Ouch!
Lays in bed with us for about 30 minutes in the morning.
We love it!
I'm not positive but, am pretty sure she weighs over 16 pounds now
Wears size 6-9 month clothes
Wears size 2-3 diapers (Swaddlers are the best in my opinion)
I still haven't left her in the church nursery yet. Soon.
She no longer seems to have stranger anxiety.
She has not had a hysterical melt down in over 2 months!
Is always making noise..she is soooo noisy but, it's cute.
Loves being outside in the fresh air and seeing new scenery.

Daisy, we love you so much sweet baby girl. You have really opened our eyes to what it means to give and love and serve. You are a beautiful, healthy baby and we are so thankful that God carved you out of time for us to enjoy and cherish. Thank you for your laughs and smiles and for changing our lives forever for the better. - mommy and daddy


I could go on far too long so I will stop now. I guess it's time for me to start thinking about first birthday party ideas...hmmmm:-)

15 comments:

  1. ah... you have a little doll for a daughter!! i love her eyes photo with reflection, great close-up shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a beautiful baby and you've captured her fun personality in the photos. The next 6 months are certainly even more fun and equally a lot of work. Happy 6 months Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 6 months Miss Daisy!!! She has such beautiful eyes!! The next six months will be filled with many changes - so capture every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today. It's easy to be your biggest downer but from what I can tell you have great talent as a mother and photographer so no need to listen to the negativity. You can do anything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. These pictures are wonderful! I love the closeup. Her eyes are gorgeous! Happy 6 Months Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these pictures are darling! I LOVE the picture of Daisy with her eyes reflecting you and the neighborhood. It's like a window into her soul or something poetic like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I;m in love with her brown eyes!! I love brown eyes! I'll say it again (because I mean it) SHE IS SOOO CUTE! And looking at her makes me feel like I really really really want a girl someday. Great photography work too!!! She is growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she is absolutely gorgeous! and those eyes... stunning!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Half Birthday my dear! I can't believe how time has flown Casey! THose are some amazing photos and I bet you had a BLAST taking them. What a natural model you have! Love all the bright colors and cute faces...seriously enter her in a baby model contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its going by so fast! Love seeing Daisy sitting up too! Beautiful eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie!! Now your newest follower! =)

    Ember

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy half-birthday, little Princess!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she is soo cute and looks just like Joey!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.