Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 10 and Day 11 - Project 31

Day 10 - What is Jesus teaching you as a wife, mom or friend? (Or just as a woman in general)

I decided to ponder this question for a while before responding, so today, while driving across town, I had a little chat out loud with the Lord. It went something like this. Me: "Lord, there is a lot going on in my life right now. This has been a challenging season for me in a lot of ways and you have been faithful to me through it all. I know you are teaching me lots of things righ
t now but, I'm not really sure exactly what. What are you teaching me Lord?
I mulled over different possibilities in my head and then I just sat and waited for the Lord to speak
.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 (I have this verse painted on a sign in our house. I have always found that in the stillness I am best able to hear the Lord speak. Sometimes He doesn't respond right away and at other times, He does.)

The answer I received was joy. The Lord is teaching me how to be joyful in season and out of season. To distinguish the difference between happiness which goes up and down and can be an emotional roller coaster and the joy that comes from the Lord that is steady and strong. I am learning that one can go through all sorts of seasons in life and that in those seasons we can lean on the Lord and HE steadies us, keeps us calm, gives us the strength to press on, the love to share and the light to pass on to others. He gives us the peace that passes all understanding.

Some of the people I have admired most are th
e ones who go through some of the darkest seasons and yet their joy stays alive through it all. Joy doesn't mean they don't cry, grieve or have hard days. It means that they have learned that God is in control and His will is done and they trust Him. They have surrendered to Him. You can see it in their faces. They shine for Jesus in season and out of season even when things don't go their way. That is how I would like to be remembered when I pass on from this Earth! As someone who shines for Jesus in season and out of season!

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say rejoice." Philippians 4:4




Day 11 - Post a Recipe

Green Chile Enchiladas

1 bag of med. sized tortillas
1 large can of green chili sauce
1 package of country pork ribs
1 large bag of Monterrey jack cheese
1 small container of olives (optional if you like them)
13 x 9 casserole pan lightly greased if you want to prevent sticking
preheat oven to 325 degrees

You will need to put your country ribs in a crock pot for about 5-6 hours on high. I usually put a little salt and pepper and some water or broth in the pot to keep them from burning. I generally time it so they are done about an hour before dinner.


-Take a tortilla and lay it open and lean it up against the inside of the pan and place a preferred amount of pork, a good amount of cheese and then drizzle an ice cream scooper amount of green sauce on top of the cheese and pork.
-Roll the tortilla up and place to the side of the dish and open your next tortilla up against it and repeat until your pan is full.
-Then I place the remaining cheese (I put a lot of cheese on top of my enchiladas!) on top of the enchiladas and pour the remaining green sauce all over the casserole. I try to make sure there is a good amount of green sauce and cheese for the top as it is like the icing on the cake! If you do like black olives sprinkle as many as you like on top of the casserole before popping it in the oven.

Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes. ( I will say that my oven runs different than most I have dealt with so this may have to be fine tuned for each oven.) Basically you want the cheese to melt and the center of the enchiladas to be nice and hot! Enjoy with some home style beans and rice!
YUM!



<span class=>

4 comments:

  1. Casey, I absolutely love reading your thoughts. You are an amazing woman of God and I cherish the fact that I have you in my life!

    The recipe looks tasty! I am definitely going to have to try these. Also if you don't want to roll the enchiladas you can put a layer of tortillas down on the bottom of your casserole dish (dip them in sauce before you lay them down) and sprinkle each topping repeating until you've reached the top of the pan (tortillas,cheese,chicken/beef/pork, olives, onions, tortillas,cheese,meat,olives, etc. always dipping tortillas in enchi sauce first). If you don't want to roll each that is. I've found for my oven it's 350 for 25-30min

    Can't wait to munch on these yummy enchiladas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Casey. Great post.

    That recipe looks delicious. I will have to get the ingredients next time I got to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will defiantly be trying out that recipe....I just love Mexican food. Now I think it's time for lunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Casey! You're such a great example!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.