Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 9 - What Virtues Do You Value In Yourself

Virtue: noun
1. moral excellence; goodness; righteousness.

Truth be told, I must give all credit for any virtue found in me to the Lord. He is the one who daily challenges me to strive for moral excellence and though I fall far short of that, He continues to encourage me along. Today's challenge is a tad awkward for me so please know that I am responding to this as humbly as I can. One virtue that I value in myself is patience. I am not one to rush God's timing, life, moments, plans, purchases etc. I don't like to make hasty decisions that I might regret so I take my time even when it is hard...very hard. Currently I have been saving for a new camera for close to a year. I could have gone out and purchased it on a credit card with no interest for a year but, I determined that I would save for it for as long as it takes. OH my goodness this has been a long wait but, guess what...I should be able to get my camera sometime in the next few weeks!! And in case you are wondering...Yes, I am SO excited!!



<span class=

10 comments:

  1. Casey, what a beautiful virtue to have. Oh how aspire to have more of this. I knew I liked you so much, you know, you hang with those that you want what they have. And, good for you with the camera....although the one you take pictures with now is awesome.I want a new camera too. You have inspired me, I think I will begin to save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational! I have really enjoyed following your 31 days of beauty. I wish I had more time to join in...it sounds like it really helps one learn more about themselves. So happy that you will finally be getting your new camera...I think it feels good when you make a big purchase knowing you won't have to "pay for it again with or without interest." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe this is how you want it/know this already....but just in case you didn't know... your blog button isn't linked to your blog. When I click on it-it takes me to another blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on having the patience to wait - that's hard. Can't wait to see what kind of photo goodness comes out of the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you gave Him all the glory!

    That is awesome! Very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome on the camera. Patience...wish I was blessed with that virture. ;-) And I love your new signature...it's very you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!!! What kind of camera?! How do you do the siggy for your name?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh patience...one virtue that I know I struggle with on a day to day basis. I give you big kudos for it, for listening to God when He tells you to wait. The pay off in the end is much more satisfying.
    I'm with everyone else with the signature! I love it! Very Casey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patience is an excellent virtue to come by naturally, especially since it's one of the most dangerous ones to have to pray and ask for! LOL Believe me, God's given me PLENTY of opportunities to develop my patience! Wonderful post Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited to see your beautiful new shiny camera! Kuddos to you for beings so patient!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.