Friday, February 25, 2011

One of Those Weeks

This little monkey is still sick and now, so am I. Boo.

When babies are sick it can make the clingy, fussy and whining thing all the more overwhelming. Daisy is very sick with the flu and as always happens...now I have the flu too! I think today is day four for her with no end in sight. I started getting sick two days ago and now, feeling as awful as I do, I have even more compassion for my poor little sick baby but, the problem is that I don't have the energy or joy to tend to her like I would if I was feeling like my usual self. The other bummer is that Daisy (who is already the world's most horrible sleeper...she hates sleeping), sleeps even less when she is sick. She only took one 45 minute nap all day yesterday and the day before that was the same. That is crazy for a 10 month old!! Now she is in the habit of crying endlessly when I lay her down for a nap because she doesn't want to sleep at all. Yah, it's one of those weeks. I try to tune out the whining and the crying and carry on and I hold her until my back feels raw but, my oh my....we were just sick 3 weeks ago! sheesh.

I'm not dying so don't worry. Just documenting a tough week. I will be printing the last year of my blog for Daisy's first birthday very soon...so now she will know she wore me out sometimes too! hahah
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you get well soon! And I hope Daisy will sleep a bit more for you today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, can you 'catch it thru the screen?' My baby was up with it last night....I always am sad for my darlings when they get the flu but I am always soooooooo, "PLEASE dear Lord, PLEASE spare me from it!" I am sorry you two are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry! i hate it when the fam gets all sick!! She is so precious though. Its not like when you are single and you can just sleep all day and be better but now you have to keep moving on and take care of your little one while feeling like crap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so hard when they are sick and then if you get sick - it's just not fair. Hope you both get better soon. If it makes you feel any better KLV didn't take naps any longer than 45 minutes when she was that old - even when she was uber healthy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you both are sick - feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing! I hope y'all both feel better soon and get some much needed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sickness is no fun! Did you not have Daisy get the flu shot? I hope you both start to feel better and hopefully Joey won't get stuck with it too :( I'll be praying for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless your hearts....I hope you and Daisy feel better soon and I will pray that she will sleep better so you can get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ....NO! You aren't allowed to be sick.
    the end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I found you on Cooking Up Faith. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Daisy is adorable! I'll pray for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear you two are sick! Mama doesn't get sick days! Praying for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.