Sunday, February 27, 2011

This Is The Day

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118.24

Today was about as close to a perfect day as one can get. The weather was out of this world UH-MAZING. Since the little one is still getting over her cold we stayed home from church so we wouldn't infect the other kiddos in nursery...yah, I'm nice I know. We hate missing church because we love getting our souls fed with a good sermon and praising God with our church family but, we also enjoy watching Francis Chan (our favorite online Pastor) whenever we have to stay home. We put Daisy down for her nap and I had a random idea to plug the laptop in outside so we could watch the sermon on the back patio all cozied up in the morning sunshine. The hubs also thought it was a great idea. I cannot emphasize to you how UH-MAZING (I like this word), it was to listen to such a powerful sermon by Francis Chan, while sitting in 65 degree sunshine with a slight breeze, listening to the birds chirp, watching my doggie snuggle up on the furniture with us and taking in all of God's creation. It was indescribable joy to sit there with my hubby. The message rocked our world today and I think you too would be really blessed by it. click here to watch and then click on the sermon "Making Sense of your Life" taught by Francis Chan. Powerful stuff people!! We had about 10 minutes left of the message when Daisy woke up so I went and brought her out and she sat with us for a while eating cheerios, chewing on the computer mouse and playing with the container of monitor wipes. She could not have been happier to wake up and join us in the sunshine. She was all giggles and squeals;0. I'll be honest, we really couldn't watch the sermon after Daisy woke up but, fortunately we still enjoyed our time together as a family. I added a little video at the end just to show how cute miss Daisy was.

Thank goodness for point and shoot cameras for easy pictures when you don't want to make a big to do about something!

Just like comparing my new Canon 60D on the left to my older Canon Rebel XT. Look how much bigger it is and the viewer is so much nicer. Ahhhh, Love it!

The hubby worked hard and painted our last white bedroom all by himself. The color turned out great and now all I need is lots of money to go crazy and decorate it...money tree anyone??


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. We had a beautiful day here too! Neat idea to watch a sermon via computer outside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...being just a couple hours away from ya...i agree...definitely UH-Mazing weather today!!! Second, i love your wicker furniture!!! Third, love the new blue wall color...it looks great with the black furniture!!!

    So glad you guys had a great day and I enjoyed seeing Daisy playing with the mouse!! She is just too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our church records their messages too and I tend to do the same thing when I miss church. So great to finally meet you guys today. Can't wait to hang out again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to watch this! Have you read his books? Life changing, loved them, challenges you. I'm a little jealous of that weather thing you got goin' on there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was a beautiful day and we were able to be outside some (with the shirts off for the guys) and enjoying some digging in the dirt:-) What a wonderful idea about the sermon! Perhaps someday we will do the same. Love your new color! So relaxing and refreshing! Daisy is a cutie pie...always could eat her up! Can't believe she will be one in a month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Such a cute video.I like the color of that room and you and your hubby are adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter's youth group was doing a video series with Francis Chan, I was able to watch one of them. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How smart! Watching a sermon outside - sounds like a great day. Hope you are doing great and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable and congrats on the weather! I am jealous! Today was warm here too...39 and rain and dropping to 18 tonight! =))

    ReplyDelete
  10. That color looks great. I love it. Daisy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.