Friday, February 11, 2011

New Camera Finally!!

It's official! I am now the proud owner of a Canon 60D!!! I waited long and saved hard for this baby and now she is here and I couldn't be more excited. My hubby was kind enough to get the camera early for me. I am still trying to sell mine. I really wasn't sure what to expect when I upgraded to this model. I played with the features last night and I have to say...what a difference this upgrade has made!! My pictures have much more color contrast, crispness and depth!!! I can focus faster than before and my high ISO allowed me get BOMB pictures in our dark living room last night. I will post some demonstrations later. The high ISO feature is my favorite part I think...well, that and the larger viewer screen in the back! I am definitely going to have to get used to the new button format as I knew my last camera so well and this one has a totally different layout. It will take me a few weeks to get comfortable flipping quickly through the settings when I shoot manual and then I hope to be back in the game with it! SO AWESOME!! Thank you hubby!! And speaking of hubby...isn't this a great picture of him and the kids...Daisy and Dakota:-) Oh, and I know so many of you will be disappointed but, we decided to stick with the more subdued artwork for our living room as you can tell by this picture. We both loved the vibrant feel to the other one but, after leaving it up for a day it was just too overpowering for our more mellow house and style. Hard to give it up though lemme tell you. This one works better so it stays. I appreciated all of your feedback though!!
Baby girl fohawk hair;0. Thanks lotion for making this possible. haha
Love this picture of Daisy fresh out of the bath!
Daisy loves to chew on the lotion bottles...or any bottle for that matter. She has learned how to open many of them with her teeth! In fact, her favorite bath toy is not a toy. It's her baby bottle of lotion. She likes to open it over and over again with her teeth while I bathe her. She cracks me up!
Helping mommy with laundry and watching things go around and around

Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new camera! Your daughter is adorable! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new phone AND new blog design. Love it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant camera. As you may have guessed, my phone is everything...my camera, calendar. internet, brain....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute Cute! Congrats on the new camera!!!! I recently purchased the canon rebel and well let's just say with a 2 yr old that won't stop moving I get pics of her now. Love the new photos - have fun Casey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is awesome - can't wait to see all the new and improved pictures of that CUTE little one! Only improved b/c of the camera - you can't improve upon all that cuteness!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new cameras, so happy for you!! I love Daisey's little Mohawk. I have a lot of fun playing with K's hair now that it's longer. So where ever did you find such cute penguin p.j's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new camera - we've gotta get together this spring and take some pics together! There's supposed to be a Raleigh/Durham meet up in April...and then of course Sarah is coming to town soon. I'd love to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS to you!!! I love that you got your camera, can't WAIT to see those great pictures coming our way. So exciting, so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!!! :) Anxious to know the differences from your old one. I have a NIKON D 40 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, completely jealous! Love it! Enjoy...looking forward to your awesome pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slightly envious! Your baby is wearing the cutest sleeper! (the white one)and thats so cute about the lotion:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it fun to get new toys? I finally got the Droid 2 and I feel so spoiled! You deserve it so enjoy it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the new cam!! How fun and exciting!! Little Daisey looks so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very jealous of that new camera! I'm already planning on saving for a new canon. :) My poor hubby probably thinks I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah camera! Have sooo much fun figuring it out, you already take great photos, so I can't wait to see more!!! Love all your photos, Daisy is such a sweetheart:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see the pictures with your new camera! It looks like even Daisy was excited in the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your new camera!! How exciting! Cute photos, I can almost smell a freshly bathed baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for your new camera! How awesome. Cute photos of Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS on the new camera, Casey!! that's really awesome, so happy for you!1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.