Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Project 31 - Day 20 and Day 21

Another day, another outfit. We had an unusually warm week last week. I was able to wear this comfy/cute spring-ish outfit. It was so nice to get out of my Uggs and sweaters for a change!
Top - TJ Max
Jewelry - Rue 21 (awesome cheap store!)
Pants - JC Penny
flip flops - Old Navy

Daisy loves to pull all of the shoes off of our shoe wracks while I am getting dressed. It becomes a race to see who can get done first...me getting dressed first or her, destroying my closet. A little known factoid about me and my closet...I have my shirts organized by color. It makes it easier to find something and faster to get dressed. Do any of you color organize your clothes? I know some of you will find that weird but, I find it theraputic! lol

Day 20 - Write about your job and why you love it or hate it

When I think back on all of the "jobs" I have held one unfortunate fact is that I didn't enjoy very many of them. I was grateful that I was employed and grateful that I was earning money but, I never felt like I found my "dream job." I worked in retail, held various office assistant positions, was a hostess, director assistant of an after school daycare program and finally what I hoped was my dream job of working at a book publishing company. I had dreams of someday being involved in publishing a new Christian magazine for teens or getting a book published. Instead I found myself working in sales and account management for 7 years. It wasn't bad and in fact it was my favorite job up to that point but still, it never gave me that, "this is it," feeling.

Then I began my new life as a stay at home mom. I wasn't sure what to think of my new role at first. I quickly learned that for me, this SAHM role is not a job, it is a lifestyle and it is a gift. I am not getting paid for my time but, my investment is priceless. I don't have to punch in but, then again I don't ever punch out. This is me. This is my life and I have learned that it is a joy. I wake up with a prayer in my heart and greet the day knowing that I have finally found the, "this is it." So, to answer the question for the day, Yes, I can finally say, I love my "job!"

Day 21 - Write a letter to your husband to encourage him

Hi babe. I find it a bit ironic that my challenge for today is to encourage you because I know you could really use it right now. You have been going through quite a lot lately with various health issues. It's been a long road and the end is not yet in sight. I can only imagine how discouraging this season of your life must be at times. You have tried so hard to get yourself better and to keep chugging through your daily routine even when it is hard to do so. I guess, sometimes, things just take longer than we would like to go away. I want to thank you for continuing to help me as best you can. Thank you for giving me some baby free time, for doing chores for me, for painting our house all by yourself and doing such a great job, for being so easy when it comes to dinners, for grocery shopping with me, for supporting my dreams, for encouraging me to get contacts and celebrating with me when I finally got them in after hours and hours of frustration, for being man enough to let me give you advice and counsel, for praying with me every night before we go to bed, for the extra hugs and kisses and for being a guy with a sensitive heart that I so love and adore. This isn't an easy season for either of us but, one thing I can promise you, "I got your back baby!"

I love you so much babe. You are an amazing husband and everything we go through only makes us stronger. Hold tight to the promises in the word, "if God is for us, who can be against us," and "in all these things we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus who loved us!" He will see us through!

I love you. I love you. I love you.

quick side note: I made sure my hubby read this before I posted it. I wanted to make sure he was okay with what I was writing since family and bloggers all read this and get concerned etc. and in fact this little note blessed him very much and he gave me the green light to share. Please keep Joey in your prayers if you think of him. Thanks!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Aw that letter to your hubby is so sweet:) And i'm really jealous that you can wear flip flops! We still have four feet of snow:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you casey and I love your guys' marriage. I love how you love each other and it shines through to others all the time. You two were a definite match made in heaven. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great outfit!! I love your top :) TJ Maxx is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And I have my shirts organized not only by color but by style (sleeveless, short-sleeve, etc.). Just a bit of my OCD shining thru!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled across your blog through Dana Murph's photography blog. I wanted you let you know that your posts are encouraging. I'm also a SAHM and agree that it is a lifestyle and gift. Some days are tough, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Your Daisy is adorable :)

    -Amanda Nevins

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am the same... I have always organized my closet by color & funny enough - just organized Siena's closet yesterday by color finally :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.