Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 12 and Day 13

Day 12 - What Wears Me Out As A Woman

There is nothing I love more than being a mother. It is the most amazing and rewarding experience but, the truth is, it completely wears me out on a daily basis (I know all of you moms can relate!). It's a good kind of wear though. My body aches pretty much all over by the time I lay my little girl down for bed. My eye lids struggle to stay open and my feet want to collapse underneath my weight. I'm exhausted but, I know it is the result of a priceless daily workout of loving and serving my daughter and husband. I find that I have to make sure to get a little me time in everyday even if it is a very small amount of time. That recharges me and gives me the boost I need to keep going and to stay positive throughout the day/week.

Also, the mundane routine of being a stay at home mom can wear me out if I am not careful to keep it fresh by changing it up. It's good to get out, see new things, change up the chore chart and have jammy lazy days from time to time!

Day 13 - Write about something you would like to change about yourself for the better

For starters, I wouldn't mind a minor change to a couple of my physical features. What? I'm just being honest. I won't freak you out by sharing the specifics but, from time to time it crosses my mind. I don't know if these types of changes would really be for the better though. Would they make me happier or feel better about myself eh, probably not. Fortunately, as I have said before, the older I get the less I care about these things which is so refreshing!

So, what else. Um, I would like to be more consistent about my walk with the Lord. I wish that I was more diligent about doing a devotional and spending time in prayer every day. I do these things, but, not consistently and not as often as I should. These things would benefit immensely me and it always baffles me that I don't make them a higher priority. I make excuses, I get distracted and I put them off and as a result I am missing out on a lot of the awesome things that God might be wanting to show me. God deserves so much more than 5% of my daily pie!


<span class=a>

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you when it comes to devotions and spending quiet time with God. This past month has been the worst for me yet when it comes to making time for him. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I need direction otherwise I feel like I just go here nor there. Maybe you should try one of my Beth Moore studies. She has an amazing on line one called 'Believing God' this way you have direction, and Beth will get you IN THE WORD! This way you can do it at your own pace when you think you can. Just go to 'Living Proof Ministries' it will be there. Just a thought. I know this stage and it is exhausting and the most rejuvinating all at the same time. Don't want to push you, just a suggestion. Have a good week Casey...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am falling so far behind on this challenge - I don't know if I'll be able to catch up!!!

    I love your post, though - and you're so right about being a mom. But it is a good wear! And I don't spend near the time in prayer like I should and when I do that's one of the things I always ask for forgiveness for, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.