Friday, August 13, 2010

Flash Back Friday - Proposal


Some of our neighbors came over last night and we all hung out and ate, laughed and swapped funny stories until late in the evening and it was absolutely wonderful:). I realized that we have not gotten together with our neighbors in months and this was long overdue. We are so blessed to know and have so many amazing families on our street!! If my house was bigger I'd host a humongous block part every other week if I could! I love seeing everyone and hanging out. Fun times:). Daisy did great. I was so proud of her. She even got silly and loved on our neighbor Annie with some happy squeals and hair pulling. hahaha.

As always, so glad it's Friday. I'm tired but, what's new:) lol. My hubs had his first root canal a few days ago and he is still hurting pretty bad. Poor guy! My brother who I haven't seen in probably over a year now is coming to NC for a 3 day visit starting this Sunday. What a treat!

I have a ton of pictures to post but, our computer got a virus (haven't ever had that happen before!) so I can't upload pictures until my hubs gets it sorted out. Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

Written shortly after I got engaged in 2003

Proposal


Ice cream in a parlor shop,
Sticky lips and hands.
Sunset on a chilly beach,
Bright pink and orange.
Sweet kisses on a sand dune,
Romantic and sincere.
Diamond ring on a slender finger,

Breathtaking and a surprise.
Proposal in traditional fashion,
Tears and Eager reply.

Engaged on a perfect night,
Blessed you and I.

4 comments:

  1. We are blessed with awesome neighbors too! I love it! If we ever move I feel like I'm going to need to interview potential neighbors before buying a house! LOL Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Newly following you from MBC! YOUR BABY IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! My babies are now 12 and 16. Maybe it is because they are on vacation this week (Yay! House to myself!) or because I keep thinking about my daughter going to college in 2 years, or because my hormones are outta whack (so they are where they normally are), but your photos of your precious little one brought on the water works! Enjoy her as I am sure you do! The good news is that when they are 16, they still look like your little baby! I still kiss her squishy forhead on the cowlick and kiss her toes when she is asleep! =) Come visit me at http://non-trad-diaries.blogspot.com if you would like. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Found you through MBC and am now following! You have a beautiful baby girl! My girls are now 2 and 1, and they are the most cherished things in my life. :) It would be much appreciated if you could follow back!

    http://www.kristinawyatt.com/missmommy

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you from MBC. Your family is beautiful! I'd love a follow back. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.