Saturday, August 14, 2010

Quest for Curtains

Savannah Curtains in Ivory found here
Lyrical Branches Curtains found here

I would love some suggestions as to where I can find simple, long, patterned curtains? I've looked at Wal-Mart, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, JC Penny and Cost Plus World Market (see above). I would love the curtains to be 92" so they are long and flowing instead of the short standard 84" that just barely reach the floor when hung right above the window frame. I'm wondering if this height is a custom request or if they are sold standard anywhere? I wish I could sew because then I would pick an awesome fabric out and design them to be the length I need but, I cannot sew....at all. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas? Do you know of any great places to get curtains that are a little more unique and Better Homes and Gardens looking? :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hey cAsey-o I like the second one better, I kinda like basic patterns for my curtains, but I am a boring person:-) Also, I have a sewing machine that works and just recently made a pillow slip cover and that some how turned out flawless! Would you be interested in me sewing you some curtains and then you can pick the fabric and length? I could do two fabrics on either side (one patterned and one plain color-Joanns has 40% coupons all the time!) for extra sunlight blockage and we can talk about the top later if you want...little loops or one long one. Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there! It would give me an awesome project to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out ikea,..they've got some good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about West Elm or even Ikea?

    Following you from MBC. Come visit and follow back!
    Sofia
    http://frompdxwithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am partial to Pier 1 myself but I haven't been in there in a while so I don't know what they have. They do sell long curtains. I used to buy them for the sliding glass door there. They are pricey though. I know how it is to have a creative mind and not know how to sew! It's not that I haven't tried. I just suck at it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck decorating & have fun!
    New blog follower thanks to MBC/Simply Follow!
    Stop by Bizee Mama's www.bizeemamax6.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/bizeebeauty

    ~Thanks,
    Bizee Mama
    aka Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Casey! I definitely like the simplicity of the second ones best. As for curtains - it's been awhile so I'm not sure, but for other things I've needed - I definitely can't sew either but my mom and mother-in-law can so they've made a few things for me and then it turns out so much nicer and better quality than a lot of what you buy in stores these days...plus it's cheaper!! So, it's all about who you know! I say take Elissa up on her offer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm...how about Ikea or Kohl's? Both curtains are nice, would it depend on the rest of your room's decor what pattern you choose? Thanks for stopping by my feature post and for your sweet comment, have a super day! ~Jinnia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both! Tough. I am now following from MBC! Hope you stop by and return the follow!
    www.jatyourservice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.