Tuesday, August 31, 2010

5 Month Birthday






Little Miss Daisy, today you are five months old! These past five months have flown by though I'd be lying if I said you didn't wear me out:-). You are still not a great sleeper at night but, you sure love your naps and take them every hour and a half to two hours all day long! You go to sleep so easily when I bounce/rock you in my arms while we walk around your room and it only takes a minute. Lately in the morning when you wake up around 7 or 7:30 AM I can go pick you up and bring you back to bed with me and you fall back to sleep with your face pressed up against my cheek and your hand holding a fist of my hair for comfort. I love smelling your sweet baby breath, watching your tummy rise and fall while you sleep and feeling your soft baby cheek brushing against mine. You eat rice cereal mixed with a veggie in the morning and at night now before bed. You love eating!! I do feel bad though because it seems like certain veggies upset your tummy and you often will spit up after breakfast. I'm still trying to figure out what will work best for you. You are not a fan of sitting still at all. Boy, do you make it clear these days that you want someone to pick you up and walk around with you and your favorite place to explore is outside. Today your auntie walked around at the lake with you for an hour in the Bjorn carrier and you never made a peep. You were in Heaven! Daddy did the same thing yesterday and you loved it then too! You just love observing people and the things around you. You are a sharp little girl! We bought you an exersaucer off of Craigslist this week because we wanted to let you stretch out your legs and work on strengthening your neck some more. The toy overwhelmed you at first but, you are starting to warm up to it. You get tired in it fast because it's a lot of work for you at this point. I think you'll love that thing in no time! Laying on your back bores you to tears. Sometimes if we play some cartoons we can keep you distracted enough to tolerate being on your back. You'll be mobile soon baby so hang in there! Bath time is still a favorite as are walks around the block in your stroller. You like getting out of the house and going for a drive so long as you aren't tired and crabby and then the drive is no fun for any of us! You love drinking water out of my red plastic cup. Every time I try to take a sip you yank the cup out of my hand and nearly spill the water everywhere. I'm impressed at how quickly you are learning to take small sips out of the cup. What a big girl you are!! Your Daddy is soooooo in love with you. He kisses you in the morning before he goes to work and loves coming home on his lunch breaks to see you. He has been feeding you dinner at night and playing with you a lot and you ADORE him. You follow him with your eyes whenever he is in the room. You love the sound of his voice and you get so flirty and smiley when you see him. It's priceless to watch you two together!! Oh, did I mention that you don't like changing your clothes. You strongly dislike it so I try to make sure to only change you when you are in a good mood because you get so frustrated for some reason. If you didn't spit up as much as you do I promise I wouldn't change you as often as I have to! lol. You have been a little sick the past few days with a stomach bug and it makes me sad to see you not feeling well. I hope it passes quickly! You have changed our lives baby girl in a drastic yet amazing and wonderful way. Your smiles and laughs are the most rewarding gifts we could ever ask for! I love you so much Daisy boo. Happy five month birthday Princess!

10 comments:

  1. those are some PRICELESS pictures casey! What a doll! Seriously, could she get any cuter? I am going to go look at them again. Great faces and smiles:-) 5 months old huh? almost half a year! Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy five months Daisy! I cannot believe how big she is getting :-) Glad she likes her exercauser. It is Lila's favorite thing these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! Happy 5 months to sweet Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are soo good at taking pictures! She is such a doll. I can't believe she is 5 months. Happy 5 months little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 5 months! The love you feel for her will only grow stronger as each month goes by, if you can imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have journals for each of my kids with letters to them since I was pregnant. I read them on occasion...when I am in the mood for a good cry!!!

    Happy 5 months, Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo precious!! And I love that sweet baby breath smell, too. I used to just lay down with Emma while she slept & smell her - I do with Aaron, but don't have as much time as I did when Emma was a baby - imagine that! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I'm so emotional this morning. I started crying when I looked at these pictures and I can't even type. Chris Rice's "Deep Enough to Dream" started playing and Daisy is so precious and the picture with her and Joey fishing is the sweetest thing on Earth and I just miss you guys sooooo much! love marme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark and I are loving the pics of Joey and her fishing :) Happy 5 months old Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.