Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She's here!!!

Daisy Love came into the world March 31st at 7:38 PM, weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces and is 20 inches long. I will share the delivery story once I am feeling up to it but, for now I just wanted to post some pictures of our little girl as well as to share with you (I had written this a few weeks ago) how we chose her name. Say what you will but, we are absolutely in love with this name and it has meant a lot to us for quite some time. If you read below you will learn why:).

2009 was a bumpy year for me and Joey for various reasons. It was a year that we felt stretched, tested and tried in ways we never could have imagined but, through it all we constantly turned to the Lord in prayer for strength and patience and we soaked up every sermon that encouraged us and helped us to press on joyfully in spite of the trials we faced. One of those sermons I actually posted on this blog last year, because it ministered to Joey and me so much during that tough time; it was titled "When my Heart is Overwhelmed." More than anything that message was a powerful and convicting reminder for us to praise the name of the Lord no matter how tough times get and we received the message with open ears. It really ministered to both of us in a powerful way. The Pastor's daughter, some of you might recall, has the same name that we decided to choose for our daughter (well, minus the last name of course). Joey and I had been at odds over a name for our little girl for several months and I had been getting frustrated that we would never come to an agreement on one. Instead of complaining about it to Joey I decided to pray about it and asked the Lord to pick our little girl's name for us and to put it on both of our hearts so that we would both be sure. Not long after we watched Pastor Britt's sermon together at home and as I said before it just rocked our world and soothed our aching hearts to say the least. When it was over I felt oddly confident that the name Daisy was meant for our daughter but, I wasn't looking forward to asking Joey about it so I prayed about it first but, as it turns out, Joey was 100% sold on the name already. He loved the name Daisy just as much as I did when he first heard it and he actually had planned on asking me about the name later in the day. We immediately felt that God had placed our little girl's name on both of our hearts and answered our prayers because it landed on both of our hearts so naturally and we had so much peace about it together. When I went to California in December of 09 for my work sales conference I was very surprised to see that Pastor Britt and his wife were at my work's Christmas party. We are publishing a book for Britt so he happened to be a guest and speaker at our brunch. I worked up all the courage I could muster and after brunch ended I shared with Britt's wife that Joey and I were beyond blessed and encouraged by her and her husband's faith in the midst of their daughter's crisis. I told her that we were so inspired and transformed by Britt's message that we too wanted to name our daughter Daisy Love and she almost started crying much to my surprise. She was so happy for us and so honored that her husband's sermon and their life struggle had ministered to us in such a way that we would adopt their name for our daughter as well. It felt surreal to have the mother's blessing and this encounter completely sealed the deal for me and Joey!

Lastly, I LOVE flowers and nature and I am so happy that our daughter's name is sweet, simple, and will always remind me of Spring (my favorite NC season) and laughter but, most importantly, her name will always remind us of how much God loves us, because he reached down from Heaven and gave us a huge hug last year when we needed it most!
Daisy Love, even before you were born the Lord picked out your name. We know God has wonderful plans for your life and we can't wait to see them unfold!

Dearest Daisy:

We are so honored to be your parents and so thrilled that the Lord has given you to us for a season. We will cherish you all the days of our lives and we are ecstatic that you are finally here and in our arms!! Welcome to our world Daisy girl!
May the Lord richly bless you, protect you and love on you all the days of your life!

With all of our love,
Mommy and Daddy

16 comments:

  1. Aww you guys, the name is perfect! I'm so happy for you two and so glad to hear that you all are doing well. I can't wait to see Daisy's beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! What a cute name and wonderful story to go along with it. We love you guys and can't wait to hear more and see pictures! Love, The Fishers

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS! You are making me cry! So perfect Casey...so perfect! I don't even know what to type! AAHHH! Thank you for keeping us so updated throughout the craziness of your day. You have blessed us all so much. I can't WAIT to see if she has hair or not! Thank you and what a beautiful and perfect name...Joe, Casey and Daisy...PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your new family. We love her name here and wonderful story of how she got her name. We are so very happy for you. The anticipation is now over and can not wait to see the pictures of this wonderful little girl. Love from all us here Auntie Bec has wanted me to add Congratulations too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok just reread and realized I put the time in facebook at about 7:30 PM your time. Wow was I good. Wow so close wasn't I on time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    i am so happy for you-what a sweet girl name, i love it!!! can't wait to see how beautiful your baby is!!! :)
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Casey and Joey! I am so happy for you both and just love the name and story behind it. Daisy is blessed to have you two as parents and I cannot wait to see her cute little face posted on your blog! :) Love ya! --MaryEllen

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhhh! i love love love it! her name is so perfect, now we can't wait to see her beautiful face! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys! Love the name- so glad that God blessed you guys with a name that meant so much. Can't wait to see pictures of Daisy Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU DID IT!!!! Don't you just feel like Wonder Women!!! It is such an amazing thing to bring a child into the world. Congrats! I LOVE her name. It's funny, but four years ago I heard the name Love, and fell in love with it, And wanted to use it for our first little girls middle name, only problem is we were blesses with a boy. So as you can see, I love her name, just beautiful. Can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for getting ME all teary eyed! "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you" Daisy Love, you are SO loved by SO many! We praise God for you and for your amazing parents and their desire to raise you up fully in HIS presence! May God rain His blessings on all three of you abundantly as you cherish every single second of these first moments as a family :)! We love you all Joey, Casey, and Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations family of three! I am so very happy for you and love her name and how you came up with it. How special! I am looking forward to hearing your story and seeing this little angel! Love and hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Darlin for sharing that story about Daisy's name. I loved her name from the moment Joey told it to me! It's 1:30 in the morning here and 4:30 your time. It's hard for me to go to bed but I better so I can talk to you in a couple of hours. I want to see pictures soooo bad. I keep staring at the one on my phone. Lilypie is beautiful!!!! loveyatapieces! marme

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful name!!! congrats to you both. we can't wait to see her and meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that NAME! Daisy Love! that is awesome! We just need Raechel to name her daughter after a flower, and we will all have flower children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all Shaaawwwnnnneeeee.... Good call on the 7:30 PM Delivery! I saw that yesterday and was going to enter a bet and start a birth time pool You get props for that:)

    When do I get to see my little Daisy Lover? I need to fit her in her uniform. Is she a "South Paw?) The story is touching and I started to leak from my eyes a little while reading it here at work. Thank you Jesus for your continued blessing on those who love you! Dad:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts.